Horse agility...Hurn

muddiboots

Apr 29, 2013
To those that have been, can you tell me what the horse agility is like at Hurn, Dorset...

I have got myself a youngster and a few people have suggested agility, didnt realise I had a group so close. Its been a long break between ponies for me, so I would be very nervous...

Thanks all...

Hi muddiboots, I've been twice with my Haffy, who finds gatherings with lots of horses quite exciting - I wanted to grow more confidence for both of us. A very laid-back, friendly atmosphere, good fun and not scary for me or Hebe. The third one was ridden, not in hand, but I couldn't go to that one. I can certainly recommend the in-hand ones for youngsters or nervous horses / handlers.

Hi Muddiboots, I am hoping to go to the next one with my Haffie, which is on this Sunday, very friendly, laid back, and great to get on with things just you and your pony - builds a bond. I think they they did a bit of bareback last time too.
I'm practically opposite the venue, be nice to meet you??!!

I'll only ever be able to do in hand as he's a shetland...:happy:

LindaAd I think Im having your trainer..I vaguely remember your name on her testimonials page..

Dizzy woo.. Lucky you, we are in holmsley new forest, will have to encourage my field mate to go, she's the one with the trailer :frown:

I'm going to browse the website for inspiration...

I've been helping to organise these events with FTH. Lovely to hear the positive comments but constructive criticism welcome too ;)

We do work hard for it to be a friendly welcoming atmosphere. The ridden aspect was very much a one off or optional event. Horse agility is primarily in hand but they are always introducing different events or specials to keep it interesting, fun and challenging whether you are new or been at it a while :) Another reason we chose to affiliate with the Horse Agility Club rather than just make it up each month!

Please note the events are not being held at Hurn Bridge as it was a big venue and there isn't the numbers to warrant it so they are being held nearby at Parley. It's an indoor school so the weather won't matter. For more info and to book please email cathy@effectivehorsemanship.com

Hope to see you there :)

muddiboots: is your trainer Patty? There's a pic of me and my Haffy on her lessons page.

Anna, I'm sorry, I won't be able to come this Sunday either - that's the deadline for my last but one assignment, and I'm struggling to catch up with it. Good that you've moved to an indoor venue - indoor schools are another thing that freaks out Hebe ... Will you carry on through the winter?

muddiboots: is your trainer Patty? There's a pic of me and my Haffy on her lessons page

Yes, she is coming to see us for the first time tomorrow.. Just to give me some tips on NH and stuff.. I am having trouble getting him to walk out on his own and need him to feel more secure with me..

I've been helping to organise these events with FTH. Lovely to hear the positive comments but constructive criticism welcome too ;)

We do work hard for it to be a friendly welcoming atmosphere. The ridden aspect was very much a one off or optional event. Horse agility is primarily in hand but they are always introducing different events or specials to keep it interesting, fun and challenging whether you are new or been at it a while :) Another reason we chose to affiliate with the Horse Agility Club rather than just make it up each month!

Please note the events are not being held at Hurn Bridge as it was a big venue and there isn't the numbers to warrant it so they are being held nearby at Parley. It's an indoor school so the weather won't matter. For more info and to book please email cathy@effectivehorsemanship.com

Hope to see you there :)

Thanks for the info Anna..It might take us a few months to organise getting there as I dont have horsey transport..:cry:

newrider.com