Hooray for the cold snap !

Ruskii

Jun 21, 2000
UK
My horse is finally under 600kgs ! -He's at 590 actually ! :smug: (He was 720 Jan 2012 :banghead: )

This cold snap has been the best thing for him, despite the foul weather he has stayed in his rainsheet (changed only when really foul and wet to a 100g for no more than 12 hours overnight for 2 days max!) and he has still had access to adlib hay so I don't feel to guilty.

I have now been given permission for a fatty patch as well that I can manage on my own, and I think the recent work load increase may have helped slightly.

Roll on the clock change so we can get out and about and loosing more weight ! Really postive about this year.:dance:

That's superb. He was looking much slimmer last time I saw him so can't wait to see him again. I'm off to the yard tomorrow and looking forward to weight taping Joy after we followed yours and Mary Poppins lead and clipped and under rugged. Fingers crossed we get a good result too. Am aiming for 439kg max and have another 4 weeks of not riding to get through with spring grass on its way. Think I'm going to lead Joy out in hand till I can ride again.

Great stuff - that is good news. You've reminded me that I need to weigh tape ours this weekend - I am really hoping that Chloe will have stayed the same (she was bob on at the last weigh in) and that madam has continued on her journey to become the next Kate Moss (well the equestrian versionlol). Cold weather rocks ya!

Will dig out some old pics. I know I saw some somewhere in the summer two years ago that I recently have seen and was :eek: at. Will hunt them out !

Brilliant! With the weather killing of any grass growth we had I doubt mine will get porky when go out anytime soon :wink:

Mind you one is a good doer and does get tubby for a tb and the other is lean and needs the pork on so its a toughie :frown:

newrider.com