Honey Update!! (Great News!)

Lonestar

Bluey Manai
Aug 30, 2006
Vet has said for Honey to be grazing at least 30 mins once a day now. As she is walking and trotting in hand with no problemo!
Im so pleased with how quick she has become sound-ish-
The "original" vet said that purple lines on her feet were just "bruises" from being ridden every day...
So we got a second opinion (like most of you advised), and we got told they werent "bruises" they were laminitus rings, (shows how much some vets know..:rolleyes: )
So, once we knew what we were dealing with, we got her sorted out straight away, she was on 20ml bute in her feed (bread..chaff..pony nuts) once a night, and 10ml on her bread (fed by hand), and was stabled 24/7, and with the "good old" vets advice to walk her around 5 mins (for the first week) to keep the blood flowing and stuff, then gradually make it to 20 mins, which is what she is doing now.
And had the vet out friday to see how she was, and he said to leave her another week or two before doing light work, but can do 2mins (max) of trotting in hand, but if she doesnt want to.. dont force her to, and that he didnt think she would come yet so far, in such little time (shes trotting and walking and now grazing for 30mins after 2 weeks box rest), we had x-rays on her on friday too, and everything that "blew up" has finally gone down, and hardly anything wrong with her, but just dont do anything too much with her at the minute.

Not much of an update really, just i wanted you lot to know how she is, as i havent posted much in the past 2 weeks :)eek: )

Thanks, Same here - i miss riding her :(
But I'm really excited about riding her again... shes different to the 16.3hh and 16.1hh and 13.2hh horses/ponies im riding for other people at the minute (shes 14.2hh-borderline-)

YES!!!

I rode Honey tonight :D

Vet gave us the nod to say there is nothing wrong with her anymore!!!
So only light work with her for a few weeks, and then see what shes like and start jumping her again!

Im SOOOOOOO happy!! :D:D

excellent news!!

I cant believe how the vet so easily mis diagnosed something so important! :eek:

excellent news!!

I cant believe how the vet so easily mis diagnosed something so important! :eek:

Yup. Thats why we aint gonna take his advice for ANYTHING again!

So glad we caught it quick, and got a second vet in ASAP. as mum definately knew something was wrong with her.

Just lurking round nowadays, but i thought it would reply to this and say what fantastic news!! I know what you mean about missing the riding, especially if you dont have the confidence either (in my experience).

Jen xx

Hehe.
Thanks jenren!! :), Shes getting a night off tonight (been ridden 3 days in a row, 15mins max) and i dont want to do too much with her too soon.

:D

Thank-you SO much everyone who has helped/gave advice, it really does mean alot to me, to show me that you all care.

Thanks again!

x

newrider.com