hey everyone been a while thought i would update you on Rainbow

horse_converted

Oct 30, 2006
Brisbane Queensland
Hey all

I haven't been around much the last little while. Just been busy and not too well health wise.

Well Rainbow has filled out so well now and we started to work her a few weeks ago. we took her down to the local pony club where my coach from the RDA was going to ride her for me. But Rainbow is very nervous and on edge so she didn't end up riding her. turns out it looks like it will take six months of training to get her so i can ride her. :( So I have made the dissigion to sell her. Wish i didn't have too but i can't afford to keep her and get another horse as well. Here are some Pics of Her.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u268/hourse_converted/working1.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u268/hourse_converted/Rainbow8march2.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u268/hourse_converted/Rainbow8marchr4.jpg

I might be going to have a look at another horse this weekend that sounds great for me. which I hope goes well. So i am a bit excited about that. Hope everyones horses are well and enjoying their riding!! :D :D

Wow, she looks just brilliant! What an incredible improvement from the sad skinny horse she used to be:D

Sadly her change in temperament is all too common with horses who's condition improved aftering being starved. The quiet gentle horse they were (becasue they had no energy to be anything else) changes completely.

Before you sell her have a good think about her and what needs done. If she's only nervous and silly away from home, but perfect for you at home, that can be easily worked on. It's very common and you may well find your new horse is like that too.

Wow, she looks just brilliant! What an incredible improvement from the sad skinny horse she used to be:D

Sadly her change in temperament is all too common with horses who's condition improved aftering being starved. The quiet gentle horse they were (becasue they had no energy to be anything else) changes completely.

Before you sell her have a good think about her and what needs done. If she's only nervous and silly away from home, but perfect for you at home, that can be easily worked on. It's very common and you may well find your new horse is like that too.

Hi Pink's Lady

It is funny her ground work and that is fine she is sweet and carm. but if you tack her up and go to lunge her she just fights you so so much. I have given it a lot of thought. I have had a lot of hard disigions to make with her but all has come along ok so far. I am pretty sure i will find her a great home. I am proud of what i have done with her i have inproved her life and now she trusts people a lot more when i got her. she floats good now and is just that little too much for my abilitys at this time to train.

It sounds like you've done as much as you can with her and turned her into a happy horse who someone else will be able to take on further. Thats a great acheivement:D

Good luck with finding her a good home and finding a new horse to have fun with:D

Hard to believe it is the same horse.

Sorry to hear about the behaviour issues and hope you find her the right home. You have done really well to improve her condition so much.

Firstly, well done she looks fabulous you've done her proud. Such a difference from before!

Secondly, you are brave to make that decision but as you say if she is too much for you at the moment then she can find a new loving home where someone will work with her and really bond with her.

Good luck in finding the gorgeous girl a home! xxx

OH MY GOSH.. I really didn't expect that much of an improvement!! She looks amazing she really does. :D SOO much better. Wishing you both all the best in the future.. but make sure she ends up in a good home where all your hard work won't be undone eh? ;):)

oh thats so sad..but best for you and her in the long run...i hope her new owners take the time to train her etc. before they start riding her again.

BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR VIEWING!

Thanks Everyone!!! Yeah It wasn't easy to make but i did. I am just doing ground work with her for now. selling her more as a brood mare. I am a little excited about going to see this horse. the only problem is i can't get anohter one until i sell rainbow. this horse is offered on lease first before buying so they do know i have to sell rainbow first i told them that.

I will let you all know how it goes :D

WOW. What a beautiful horse. You have done amazingly. Sad shes not right for you after all the work, but good luck in finding her a fantastic new home. xx

newrider.com