HElp restore my sanity... please!!!!!!!!!!

Steve.R

I am buying a 4x4 pickup on Thursday but the problem is I cant insure it because I am a private buyer.. does anyone in the uk Know of anywhere that will insure such a thing. if I cant get it insured I cant buy it..... so please somebody help... have tried
Eagle star, Direct line, Tesco, Churchill, more than and a few more that my brain is trying to forget.... so please help a poor dejected me as I am 3 floors up and miffed!
cheers
Stephen:mad:

Restore my sanity

Try NFU Mutual. Their rates are very sensible and you don't have to be a farmer. I have horse, house and contents with them and I'm shortly moving my car insurance to them. There will be a branch near you (look in the Yellow Pages) or one of the Horse mags will probably have their call centre number. Unlike a lot of call centres the phone staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. You can do it over the phone and they only charge 2% for monthly direct debit whereas other companies charge between 11-18%.

(Sorry, Mr Moderator, I know I'm not supposed to advertise. Call it a recommendation - which is what it is)

Get some commercial vehicle insurance, I have a 2.5litre half cab, turbo diesel for towing and shoving things in the back of. I got NFU commercial vehicle insurance for a very reasonable price. much less than private insurance.

We got some...At last!

We eventually got some... NFU havent got back to us, but they couldnt find the pickup on the computer.. MOst wouldnt give us commercial insurance because we arent self employed... eventually got some insurance through Isuzu Insurance... DOh!
So thanks to all of you who have replied. The best was the AA who wouldnt insure a pickup with more than a 2 litre engine.. main flaw in that plan is you cant get any that are now less than 2.5!
cheers
Stephen

newrider.com