Help needed!

horselover96

May 1, 2020
Hello

My horse has bilateral clubbed feet. Is it a good idea to still compete in low level dressage tests on him or not? Should I give up my dressage dreams? The vet is coming out tomorrow to assess him again. He was diagnosed last year in the fall. What would you do in this case? I am not sure what is the best thing to do? I do not want to overwhelm him but he needs a certain amount of exercise every week.

If he’s sound why not do it, just do it baring in mind that there may come a point where he struggles but you won’t know where that is until you try

I have not heard of this condition - I must have a google and see what comes up! You learn something new every day.................

Without seeing the horse I wouldn't want to say, and to be honest even if I could see him I probably wouldn't be any more confident. Your vet is the best person to advise, and it could be that remedial farriery can do a lot to improve them.

Reactions: Trewsers
Just reading your post again. I think something is wrong somewhere.
You can't diagnose a horse with club hooves, they are born that way and as the above poster says remedial farrier could help.

Have they actually been diagnosed with some sort of lameness? Or such like?

Reactions: carthorse
In your first post, which was on Monday, you said the vet was coming out tomorrow - what happened to that visit?

newrider.com