Help me improve our turnout

Cremola Foam

Jan 11, 2005
Scotland
Peds and I have our first show on the 8th may. I'm not expecting anything, just a fun outing. I've only had him at two showing shows and have never done a ridden class (other than condition and turnout which was just walking round) so I don't expect to set the ring alight but would like to look as good as we can!

Clothing I have....

White shirt, blue tie, white stock shirt, white stock, beige jods, navy jacket with velvet collar and white trim, blue tweed, brownish tweed that is too big so would need altered, black jod boots, black fake leather gaiters.

Peds has brown hunter bridle (I'm toying with the idea of getting him a plaited brown leather browband) brown saddle, brown girth, white sheepskin half pad, brown sheepskin half pad (the white one is a neater fit) I always ride him in a sheepskin half pad as he seems to find it more comfortable (I started doing it when he had a sore back when I first got him and just kept on doing so. I could start riding him in a normal numnah and see how he goes, if well get him a neat brown one.

Here's a photo from a show we went to two years ago

image.jpeg

I have no idea on ridden showing, but from the depths of my memory banks would say the half pad isn't appropriate turnout, its meant to be a numnah the same colour as the saddle or none at all, isn't it? He looks so handsome all plaited up :)

I would try and see how he goes without the sheepskin pad. Ideally he should have a dark numnah or none at all. I would also swap your whip for a showing cane. Otherwise you look fab. Good luck in the show.

yep change to a show cane and you can get a show cut Numnah or a gel pad that will not show in the ring if he needs something. We showed our Piebald cob in blue tweed with navy collar - they always go well. We use Brown on the m & m. Good luck and enjoy it.

No clue about showing but just wanted to say you both look fab and good luck!

newrider.com