Hello again ..

Ruskii

Jun 21, 2000
UK
Long time no see to many of you :wavey:

I’ve mostly been on Facebook the last few years with the occasional pop back but now looking to come back a bit more.

Update on the horsey front, Levi my cob is still with me. Although I nearly called it a day back in Feb as he was lame from something but looking back now I think it was his arthritis flaring up, I gave it a week – booked the vet and the livestock recovery vehicle but I spent the one sunny day in Feb we had (!) with him and I got the feeling he was OK this was just another temporary knock back. I’m glad I did as he has bounced back again and with a tweak to his diet he is doing well. This winter has been awful hasn’t it ?! My field was trashed at my livery yard and having the two of them on it didn’t do it any good really especially as we are on clay. This leads me to the next update .. we have a lodger !

Sox Pony (or Naughty Pony as she has been nicknamed as she likes to escape from elec fencing) has been with us for nearly a year now and is so good even mini-ruskii rides now :D (Always said she wouldn’t but with her spending her formative years being taken to the yard each day and seeing both parents with their horses it was only a matter of time really wasn’t it ? ;) ) hopefully with the weather now improving we can get on and get out a little bit more and Do Things. Levi is no longer driven as ironically the day before the pony arrived Levi was diagnosed with a Grade 4 heart murmur ! So he was retired straight away and all my carriage things were sold. I will get back into it with the next one but not for a little while, I have been looking at some Agility as something to do with him though so we shall see.

Anyway nice to be back and look forward to getting involved again here :)

newrider.com