Heartbroken. Lonely and need to write it all down. TheG is dead.

BIrish

Nov 13, 2007
Yesterday George, my best friend of a decade and all round hero died. Unexpectedly at a Riding Club picnic ride. He suffered a huge heart attack while he was walking along in the sunshine enjoying himself.

Sue Ellen says his ears were still pricked in death as the were always in life - which sums him up perfectly.

I am horrified and inconsolable. Raw and lonely. I don't know what to do or feel. Thought if I saw the words in black and white I might believe it actually happened - I know it did because my mind continually replays what happened - but somehow I'm still hoping it was a bad bad dream that I will wake up from any minute.

I won't though. No getting away from the reality of his empty stable, his headcollar still in the trailer and the many open cuts and bruises on my arms and torso from the fall - which remind me what happened everytime I move.

He was only 19, fit as a fiddle and gleaming with health. He wasn't even doing anything strenuous when he died and just minutes before he had bouncing along in the sunshine. It was just his time. Thankfully, although it felt like years, it was all over in no more than 2 mins and ultimately he died doing what he loved - but no matter how much it was a good way to die and I can appreciate that - I want him back.

He died yesterday, the 2nd of June 2008 - exactly the same day a year ago that we had Flora, our beloved GSD, PTS - and bizarrely at almost exactly the same time. At about 12.30pm.

Writing this down is quite cathartic. Hope not too morbid for everyone.

CONVAR60.jpg

Jude

I am so sorry. I can't even begin to imagine how awful that must have been. R.I.P George :( It just reminds you how fragile they can be and to cherish every moment. Hugs to you.

I am so sorry. *Hugs* I wish I could say something to take the pain away, or bring him back for you. :(

Run free George, wait for BIrish over rainbow bridge.

Im really really sorry to read about George.

You obviously loved him a huge amount. What an awful thing it is to have to go through.

Thoughts are with you.

Sounded like a very happy horsey though.

S x x

Oh I'm so so sorry, I'm shedding tears for you and G! It's best to get it out and in the open, writing down your feelings does help. It might not be much consolation, but the way he went is the way I would like to go when the time comes, no pain, no long lingering disease, just quick and he would not have known what was happening. Time is a great healer, lots and lots of hugs to you ....

Oh, so sorry for you, Jude. Your pain is so tangible. Hugs from me. George will always be with you, as your hero in your heart. His spirit will live on.

RIP George.

OMG how awful and unexpected. I often read your posts and my heart dropped when I saw the title of this one ... No words can make you feel better but I hope that you will be able to remember all the wonderful times you had with him.
Having only just lost Rambo one month ago, I truly feel your pain :(.
(((((HUGE HUGS))))

So sorry - not much that can be said except for i understand how the empty stable feels but cannot bein to think what you have been through

Hugs xxx

I'm so, so sorry. I lost my best friends suddenly. I know exactly what you are going through, the shock is overpowering.
Thinking of you

nothing anyone says will ease the pain at the moment - but our thoughts are with you and we are sending you a barrow full of (((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))
sorry for your huge loss xxxx

newrider.com