he never ceases to amaze me!

Cremola Foam

Jan 11, 2005
Scotland
I had a lesson on Sunday, first one in about two months. We were both a bit rusty and Peds wasn't very focused.

Came back thinking that I just need to get on with it and school in our field (I hadn't been as the grass had gotten long and Peds finds one long side spooky... Basically I was coming up with excuses!) So on Monday I schooled him in there. Again he was distracted but fairly relaxed, didn't really spook at the long side (scary hedge) but wasn't reply cooperating. I would have ridden longer but a friend turned up so we cut our session short.

Rode again on Wednesday and boy was I presented with a different beastie! He was focused, relaxed, really tried his best and we actually got balanced trot circles (field is a slight slope and he doesn't like the down hill-ness!)

We did some right angle corners and as we were doing them i thought to myself "the aids for this is very like what my instructor told my friend to do for pirouettes so I decided to give it a bash, having never done a pirouette before, and low and behold did the boy not rock back onto his hocks and do a lovely 1/4 pirouette!! So we went and 1/4 pirouetted all over the field!!

newrider.com