Having a bit of an issue

Slewgal

Mar 19, 2003
Milan, Michigan
www.finalturnsites.com
I made the mistake of complaining to a friend of mine about haivng never been trail riding.

She said she would love to go anytime........there are a few places to do that around here, but the issus is, she weighs 270lbs, every place I've looked into has a limit of 240.

I'm not sure how to tell her without sounding like an ahole.
I've already told her once that I'm almost too heavy for my horse, whom she has offered to ride since I don't ride her. Penny is a 15 hand AQH. I weigh 180, and I know that is fine for her, but I had to tell her somehow that she couldn't ride her becasue she is too heavy, so I used myself.:eek:

I wish I could find a farm that has a few drafties to use on trail rides....

Hmm, that's a hard one. Who wants to hurt a friends feelings, expecially about such a touchy subject! I don't really have any advice for you on this one, but I understand how hard a situation like this can be.

Oh goodness that is so difficult.

I would be inclined to tell the truth though and tell her that most places have a weight limit because of the huge amount of work the horses have to do and the sheer distance they cover. Although I agree you need to be tactful I dont think lying is the way to go.

Ask her to help you find somewhere that has some heavier breed horses because you really would like to share the experience with her.

Good luck

hmm tricky one
mayb u should book it, yeh but only 4 u and say "oh can u book urs cos I didint hav enough munny 2 book both". then shell find out herself.
but personally i think u shuld probs tell her str8 to her face
who knows mayb shell go on a diet!

Surely you could ask her to book it?? Then she would have to find somewhere to carry her?

I know how difficult it is to have to find a way round 'youre too heavy to ride my horse' its normally 'shes a little on the small side for you, you would feel silly!'

Good luck!

^19 stone 4lb

what an awkward situation:eek: if she's a friend you know well I'd tell her, tactfully of course. Or if you can't bring yourself to say then ask her to book her place like others have suggested.

Good luck.

'I've phoned around and all the maximum weight limits are 240ibs' should do nicely, she knows she's heavy so its just a fact .. nothing to get het up about :)

xx

You are a good friend and that is cos you are worrying about her feelings x I wish I had a friend like you when I weighed in at 19 9- She will know she is too heavy and I GUESS she is telling you she would love to spend some quality time with you horse riding- There is no solution that I can give you but you sound good friends so it will work itself out :)

newrider.com