Has anyone got or used a stall guard?

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Least I think that's what they are called? They are webbing / stretchy to make a temporary "door". I have seen one or two on ebay but they seem awfully expensive. I wondered if they were worth their money? I have no official stable doors as such, the girls free range. But. When the vet comes and they must be contained or for example like tonight (we've got dinner guests coming:D) I can't have them wandering whilst people drive through. Chloe is far too noseh and would end up in all manner of mischief:p
So I do have a pallet which I can drag, prop up and attach but it leaves me with the other exit.
Any ideas???

I have seen them used but I think my boy would just try to eat it and pull it off, he eats everything..what about the chain one?
upload_2017-4-20_11-11-42.jpeg i know you mean this one
images

I have a chain one but they will go under if they were left long enough unsupervised. Is she likely to paw? One of mine would probably get his leg caught in the webbing types. Horse on last yard banged the door loads until they were threatened to be kicked off by YO as it was waking her up. They got rubber chain type then a mat fixed over so it like a long flap hanging down. This became his door and his stable door was always left open.

I have a chain one but they will go under if they were left long enough unsupervised. Is she likely to paw? One of mine would probably get his leg caught in the webbing types. Horse on last yard banged the door loads until they were threatened to be kicked off by YO as it was waking her up. They got rubber chain type then a mat fixed over so it like a long flap hanging down. This became his door and his stable door was always left open.

Hmm, never thought of her pawing, she does sometimes, I've watched her get cross with a haynet and sort of do the paw / stamp thing!

Bo used to have one, he only limboed under it if I didn't do up all the clips, never had a problem with legs getting in it and he managed to get himself in trouble with most things :rolleyes:

Reactions: Trewsers
We tried both the chain and the webbing type with Harvey. Neither worked. He could get out under the chain, and leant over the webbing until it collapsed. A friend had more success with 2 chains, about 9" apart.

They were the only thing that worked for my friend Suzi's bargy, destructive cob Bella. She would literally push doors off their hinges and break through 2" x 4" timbers. But a stall guard worked.

Thanks all, think I'm going to look out for a second hand one, I don't think Chloe would barge it not for the length of time I'm wanting it for. Mainly it's just for vet visits and friends coming round, it's a pain for our friends when they have to park way across the yard and trail through.

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com