Happy Friday everyone!

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
Just wanted to say 'Happy Friday'. What have you all got planned for the weekend?

We are going up to see my mother in law tonight and plan to visit the zoo tomorrow. On Sunday I am looking round another yard which I am pretty hopeful about. It has direct access to miles and miles of forest hacking and it has a good reputation, so I am hoping it may be somewhere that I can see myself being.

Other than that, I will be drinking gin and thinking about buying a new horse. Still thinking about it, haven't actually done anything about it yet!

Reactions: Jessey
Happy Friday!
I’m off today, so going to potter with the ponies which actually entails moving the ride on mower out of the horse trailer, then trailer to barn to load up the 2 round bales that my mob won’t eat, to drop them to a friends sheep, then go and fetch 2 new bales that hopefully they will eat! And do the monthly feed shop on the way. I’m going to play with Niko later too, if the weather complies, today feels like a good day but we’ll see.
The rest of the weekend I’ve not got anything too much planned, do some work on the horse trailer ramp, and get Niko out for a walk both days if I can. Depends a bit on the weather!
If the weather is nice I might car camp up at the coast, fish and chip supper and a nice sunrise would be just the ticket.

Happy Friday all!

I got up in the gloom to get dogs walked and horses fed and poo picked before the rain started to lash down, which it now is. I'm quite glad as we haven't had any rain of substance for weeks and weeks and the field is getting manky.

We have decided to close our cafe at the end of this month and try to keep the yoga studio open. This means a huge amount of paperwork as well as a weepy husband! So I have my work cut out over the next week or so.

Happy Friday!
I’m off today, so going to potter with the ponies which actually entails moving the ride on mower out of the horse trailer, then trailer to barn to load up the 2 round bales that my mob won’t eat, to drop them to a friends sheep, then go and fetch 2 new bales that hopefully they will eat! And do the monthly feed shop on the way. I’m going to play with Niko later too, if the weather complies, today feels like a good day but we’ll see.
The rest of the weekend I’ve not got anything too much planned, do some work on the horse trailer ramp, and get Niko out for a walk both days if I can. Depends a bit on the weather!
If the weather is nice I might car camp up at the coast, fish and chip supper and a nice sunrise would be just the ticket.
What is car camping? I guess you sleep in your car? Have you got a big car? I wouldn't be able to lie down in mine. A fish and chip supper by the coast sounds lovely though.

Happy Friday all!

I got up in the gloom to get dogs walked and horses fed and poo picked before the rain started to lash down, which it now is. I'm quite glad as we haven't had any rain of substance for weeks and weeks and the field is getting manky.

We have decided to close our cafe at the end of this month and try to keep the yoga studio open. This means a huge amount of paperwork as well as a weepy husband! So I have my work cut out over the next week or so.
Sorry to hear about your cafe. I guess that the last couple of years have been very difficult and it must be hard to keep going.

Reactions: Jane&Ziggy
Happy Friday all!

I’m sorry to hear that, it must be so difficult for you both.

@Mary Poppins yes, the new car seats fold flat including the front passenger seat so I’m hoping it will be comfortable enough for odd nights when I go late in the day and leave early.

I’m sorry to hear that, it must be so difficult for you both.

@Mary Poppins yes, the new car seats fold flat including the front passenger seat so I’m hoping it will be comfortable enough for odd nights when I go late in the day and leave early.
I would be too worried about needing a wee in the middle of the night!!

I’m going to ride this afternoon. Wind stopped play yesterday and I won’t get to ride tomorrow. The hail and sleet forecast for 3pm will mean I might actually go in the school rather than be caught out hacking.

Tomorrow I am the judge assistant at the comp venue for the arena eventing. Classes from 70cm to 1.10m so should be interesting and it means I get free entries for the dressage.

Well my friday is an expensive friday. My cars been off the road since last week. It was due mot and service and the garage was fully booked so couldnt do it before it expired. Its a good job my mums not driving, hasnt since last August so her cars been sat doing nothing. Its had a flat battery several times as a result. Anyway car went in today and has failed the MOT as it needs some work. So im looking at a bill for at least £700 next week. Dont think I'll get the car back till middle of next week either.
Ive been and done a massive food shop this afternoon after work. The fridge has been empty all week. Have live out thee freezer. Fortunately that big christmas eve shop i did which all went in the freezer has kept us going. Should have shopped last Monday but couldnt as we were TB testing. Then this week i havent been as ive had this stinking cold and ive had to isolate as someone i went to last week tested positive.

My fridge is now well stocked with plenty of cheese, yoghurt and fresh fruit n veg. Whop whop!! Boy have i missed it.

Happy Friday all!

So sorry to read Jane. 😞

Ale needs a good brush, want to look at some more poo samples under my microscope and have a few more jobs to apply for!

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com