Hann x Welsh anyone seen one?

Santi

Dec 11, 2005
Suffolk
My Welsh D mare is now with a friend and has had a (stunning and very tall!) foal by Alvescot Paper Moon but we were thinking of a Hannoverian next time - anyone got/seen this cross?
I was wondering if it would be too chunky? The mare isn't that big looking and she's 14.1.
:)

A lady i knew had a welsh D x Hann Very nice horse , His Dam was 14.2hh and Sire was 16.3hh he made 16.1hh he looked alot different than i expected though very handsome and showey , she used him for WH , DR and some Side saddle , they did very well in showing :)

my horse is a hanovarian x welsh. mum was the welshie and daddy was a hanovarian called daz (ico sun) that john whitaker used to ride. she 16.2 and a lovely chunky monkey!!

ebayphotos076.jpg

P3250255.jpg

Horse in my avatar was an accidental cross between a Welsh D colt and smallish hanovarian mare X. About 15.2, typical welsh to look but a bit more leggy and with lots of big movement....oh and the temperament was pure Welsh.

I bought him as a three year old and had 24 wonderful years with him...just a once in a lifetime horse.

I've got one :D

Mummy was a Welsh D, daddy was a Hann :)

He is a GIT though and always has been - typical Welsh temperament but definitely not short on character and definitely one of a kind!

HPIM0055.jpg

Copy1ofImage002.jpg

Image015.jpg

Picture20.jpg

Picture21.jpg

Picture24.jpg

Last edited:
My Welsh D mare is now with a friend and has had a (stunning and very tall!) foal by Alvescot Paper Moon but we were thinking of a Hannoverian next time - anyone got/seen this cross?
I was wondering if it would be too chunky? The mare isn't that big looking and she's 14.1.
:)
I have a welsh cross hanoverian. He is a lovely horse with great temperament. A good solid horse who kept his grace. He can be a lazy boy or on his toes. But always looks after me. Even when doing his trick of levade out on a big ride! Which can be a pain when you want a nice plod but he has other ideas. He can be nappy but never too strong. He is brave at most times but when he makes his mind up that something isnt for him, you have no hope of getting him past spmething unless you get off and show him how first. He has a fear of white things, which says to me there may be a eyesight sensitivity that possibly has come through the breeding.
In the winter he looks like a yeti and has a good thick coat, summer he has a fine copper coloured coat with a sprinkle of sugared roan. He has a good wide head and beautiful ears. His mane and tail are fine unlike my welshies big rough manes. He has a small nose and mouth and he carries his head beautifully. His tail is up like an arab. He has great feet never been shod or had a sorry day. So he has the width and flatness of a hano, but the strength and solidness of a cob. Really comfy ride he has a short but wide and strong back. All in all it was a good breed mix.

newrider.com