Handover to OH nearly complete and he is cantering already

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
Count down 5 days

OK So I have writen 'the bible' the handover notes to my OH with everything I can think of on how to care for my boy in the next four months. I have included and programmed in to his phone the following appointments

Wormingx2 13 weeks apart two different wormers and when to give which one
Farrier x 2 appointment the times and dates of each
2 x Physio appointments all booked with times
1 x dentist ladies number
1 x vet appointment for jab in august.

I have ordered enough supplements, feed and bute to cover the whole period
I have left cheques for all the above and some signed blank ones for any thing else he may need.

I have left cash for the carrot man

Left instructions on when change and wash saddle pads and fly rugs, when to put on and remove bioflow boots. What briddle to use for hacking and schooling.

The order of how to tack up, Brush body, head, tail, mane, hoof cream, boots etc.

What feed and when, when to give extra grass.

Have I covered everything??????????????:help:

But today he had his first hack and he was amazing. I followed in the bike and watched as my beloved horse was safe and spook free through the whole hack. He trotted and have three uest three canters (he has only every cantered in the school before) He even trotted over the fallen log.

I hate the fact he is a naturally good rider and a little less worrid now but I have still ordered a body protector as I hack in one all the time and feel that he should too.

Can you think of any thing I may have missed.

Can't think of anything else but can you come and organise me when you get back please :biggrin:

Maybe... hate to say it... vet instructions? As in when to call etc

Hope your time away flies by and you are home safe :)

God my OCD is worse than I thought.

I have also changed the sign outside his stable to remove my details and insert OH's He has a list of phone numbers for the two vets I use and which one for what and my BM's horse shares a field with my lad and she should hopefully pick up on any thing different and needing the vet.

Panicing, me, know

Sounds like you've got it all covered. I think I'd leave vet phone number stuck to your feed bin or somewhere he can easily find it as well as in his phone and as you say other phone numbers - but vet is main one no? REminds me of when OH and Iused to go on holiday when we were on a yard, I used to make a list and put it in a plastic folder for the yard staff (not sure they actually took much notice mind!) but your OH will do the job I'm sure - he knows how much your horse means to you!!!!

I think you covered everything OBC!:giggle:

Second the hard copy of everything, or writing on a calendar.

Another one hoping your time flies, and you come back safe and well:wink:

Blimey wish i could be that organised!

Here's hoping your time flies and you are back soon! :biggrin:

I went to work away for 9 months and left my horses with my novice mum, overseen by my very experienced friend and fellow livery. I only had Stevie and Rocky at the time and the list for each was a mile long, if "x - x degrees put this rug, that rug and this rug on stevie but don't put the other rug on if this rug is on" and so on and so forth. Horses (and mother) survived just fine :)

Well hopefully yours will listen and read better than mine does. I only went away for a weekend and left a typewritten sheet of instructions for feed etc. I know very well he didn't even look at it! Still, horse survived quite happily and obviously ate whatever he was given!

newrider.com