Had such a good day and then got shown an advert!

polly88

Jun 5, 2012
cornwall
January this year we got an 11.2 for my friends 5year old she loved him he would stand to groom and we could lead him round the block. I did a clear round on him he had so much prospect. I even took her in a lead rein class with him. About 2 weeks after the lead rein class we were preparing for the next one and my friend went to put a deposit down on him as he was on LWVTB. The owner said she thought he was looking fat (she had not been down there) and he had laminitis. I know you are seeing this from one side but I promise everyone no he didn't he had what i call grass gas and as soon as you rode him he looked thin again. She sold him to another family, who knew nothing about him being a dobbin now and again and being sharp. He sometimes bucked into canter which we were told was not true. But it was and this new family have found this all out and the new family's daughter has fallen off and is now scared of him so the poor pony is back up for sale. After he was literally taken off of us with 2 hours warning and sold to someone else with out warning you can imagine how p***ed off i am right now! We didn't mind his quirks and his ways because when you put my friends daughter on him he was a little angel. He only played up with me off lead rein (anyone off lead rein).

I can't believe people can do that it upset my friends daughter greatly and went to a home where they knew nothing about him! Sorry Rant is over!!

I don't form views with one side or both. But sometimes people will say something as an excuse.
It maybe because someone saw you riding at the show and it 's was loaned out as a child's pony. Was the bucking into canter with the child riding?

I am only thinking my friend did take back a pony on loan because it was being ridden by an adult and that was not part of the arrangement. When you own the pony fair enough but while it is not yours, you have to listen to owner or what contract says, if you had one.

Oh my goodness that sounds awful. I bet she still had the pony up for sale and as your friend only had LWVB she received a call about someone wanting to buy her. Then she made up the story about lami etc.

What a rotten lady. I knew a lead rein pony that was fab for the little girl but could be a monster once off the lead rein but like I said cracking while on it. Thats why it was sold as a lead rein not first pony which sounds to me like what this lady has sold the pony as.

Sorry for your friend and her daughter.

It maybe because someone saw you riding at the show and it 's was loaned out as a child's pony. Was the bucking into canter with the child riding?
The owner suggested I rode him to keep him ticking over off lead rein. She asked me how good a rider I was. I went to the viewing with my friend and everything and said she was fine with me riding him as I am only small.

If he is back up for sale surely all you have to do is go and buy him?
I know this would seem the logical thing but there is a long story as in to why she currently can't. We have also thought about this on several occasions, tonight but the base of it is I have just bought a new on and so has she so neither of us can afford another one.

I know this would seem the logical thing but there is a long story as in to why she currently can't. We have also thought about this on several occasions, tonight but the base of it is I have just bought a new on and so has she so neither of us can afford another one.

I get why you're pee'd off but I personally would be telling myself that this pony wasn't meant to be for me :wink:

Hope you all find an even better pony out there though x

Very annoying for you! Feel free to rant on here - its what we are here for! There's nowt as queer as folk, and particularly in the horsey world in my experience!!!!

Thank you guys for letting me rant I knew some of you would understand. We did nothing wrong with the loan or on the loan agreement. I think he was still for sale while we had him and I think we were used! If I knew how to stick up for myself i would of said something but I don't! (unless its a horse!)

I know the feeling! I was supposed to be getting a horse on loan wvtb not long after Kelly died. A delivery date was arranged, I'd got the livery sorted out, then the owner went quiet. I rang on the Thursday as she was due to be delivered on the Saturday, only to be told that the daughter had changed her mind and she wanted her friend to have her loan.

Two weeks later she'd readvertised so clearly this friend wasn't the fantastic owner they'd thought. Fortunately for them they didn't get back in touch to see if I was still interested :$

Happily though, this disappointment made me widen my search, and I found Sham, so it wasn't meant to be.

newrider.com