hacked alone at new yard

Dummer&Drummer

Sep 30, 2004
southwest of England
Visit site
things are still going well. the YO and her husband are lovely and we had another lovely weekend at the yard. although are still looking forward to some riding company :) YO seems to come out and muck out, and bed down with me which is really nice as we can have a chat and talk about things we would like to do etc

also i braved the weather yesterday, gave DDJunior a break from her bike :) and went for a 2 mile hack alone. it went great and i enjoyed it.... step by step, a bit further each time so i dont over face myself :)

also got back and turned out and YO neice was down bring back YO baby and her pony was used a travel companion, so i dragged drums back in tacked up and went on another hack and we had our first blast up a bridle way :) was great :)

on way home though both horses took off up the road, but i kept smiling, realised after 2 dogs had sprung out of the hedge right behind them :) but the good from that is that we were just round the corner from home, drummer would know that now... and he did not attempt to go home, just a few metres of canter :) (like to turn bad into positives :) )

oh and DRUMMER NEEDS A SMALLER GIRTH desperately, unsafe to ride in the one i have it slightly to big on last holes each side !!!!! :)

Last edited:
:D Glad you had a lovely ride, and you managed to turn the bad into the positive! I've managed to do the same thing recently too, where before if Spyder spooked I'd get very nervous, but now I find it amusing and have the confidence to know he's not gonna go anywhere, he's just having a little jump forward at scary things (because birds in the tree and plastic bags are absolutely terrifying and bound to eat ponies :rolleyes: )

Well done you :D Sounds like a good day :p

And well done for getting his weight down, a smaller girth :D well done both of you :p

newrider.com