Great Lesson Today!!

Spider

Feb 19, 2008
Ive just come back into riding after having a few months off cos i hurt my back at work (an 18year old with a bad back! sounds weird dont it lol!)
Anywhoo ive had 3-4 lessons in the past few weeks and i seemed to of gone downhill a bit with my riding- at my old riding school i used to be confident and could get the horses to do what i wanted but at this new one it seems totally different- i couldnt even get the horse to canter round the school!
But today i managed to keep Callsy going all the way round and she did everything i asked for :)

and we even braved flying carrier bags (Tho Callsy did get a little spooked and decided to just shy away from the bag and canter around the school like a maniac)

Was really pleased with my lesson!
But has anyone got any tips for keeping the horse going??? nothing seems to work! lol

But yay, go mee :)

x

i would say if you feel them slowing down give them a tap with leg of tickle with whip. although my RI says "smack them once at the beginning very VERY hard and they wont be slow as long as you show them the whip and you will never need to use it again in this lesson":eek: i dont like doing that tho.

well done with your lesson and sorry my 'advise' wasnt the best:rolleyes:

thanks for the advice :D
The horse i ride at the min is scared of whips so we cant really use them, shes also scared of anything that wobbles/moves in the wind, loud noises,cars, dogs, the list goes on....... lol
:)

newrider.com