Goodnight little Tally

Midnight_Ashes

Apr 1, 2008
County Durham
Last night, while staying over at a show, my friend's little Jack Russel got attacked by a loose Rottweiler. She was tied up to the lorry, sleeping under the ramp, when it picked her up and savaged her. It severed an artery in her leg, pierced her bottom jaw, and inflicted various other wounds which meant that despite a blood transfusion and the best efforts of the vet, little Tally died at 3am this morning. It was her birthday last Thursday too, she was one year old :(

That's so sad, what a terrible thing to happen. Your friend must be gutted. It makes me so angry that people aren't responsible when they have aggressive dogs.

My sympathies to your poor friend; I hope she gets over her loss as best she can. RIP little Tally.

The owner of the dog slammed the door in my friend's partner's face this morning when he went to tell her that Tally had died overnight!
My friend paid the bill, but stuck it to their lorry door with her phone number on and a note saying the dog ought to be shot (not very tactful but understandably she is upset). The owner's husband came out and gave them the money and told her that they would seriously consider the dog's future. The police were called last night as my friend reported it as a dangerous dog. They turned up and said "it doesn't look very dangerous"
:banghead:

That is very sad poor little soul, your friend needs to tell the police that she thought the dog was a danger to herself and that she felt personally terrified by it as they won't take action for it attacking another dog. This is how they get away with dogs attacking horses out hackig.

My old cat was attacked by a gang of dogs, a small dog got into the porch through a broken window and chased him out.. he jumped on a wall and the little dog followed him up there too (never knew a small dog could jump on such a high wall).. and chased him off there too.. a German Shepard grabbed him by the back end and swung him about like a rag doll...
This gang, had been attacking cats for weeks.. our cat was put down the next day, due to internal injuries.. week later, they had a neighbours cat, which amazingly pulled through, though was never the same, became very timid when outside, preferred to stay in where it felt safe..
Two Rottweilers were going around an estate a few years ago attacking dogs.. one dog was allowed out to wander around the estate, and it fell victim to these two brutes.. it was lucky to survive..
Dogs are far more intelligent than we often give them credit for, and when aggression is part of the breed, they should be restrained in public, and muzzled too.. This Dog who attacked poor Tally should never have been allowed out of the vehicle, whether the owner trusts him or not, it could so easily have been a child the dog found last night, in which case the police would have come down on the owner like a ton of bricks..
Any dog which is has drawn blood, has a taste for blood, and is unpredictable is a danger, whether its attacked animal or human:stomp:

Yes they did and the owner's husband paid the vet bill and said he will reconsider the dog's future, but the owner slammed the door in my friend's partner's face!
The dog had been very friendly all week, which makes it worse, as it is now even more unpredictable. The family of the dog have a small child, my friend thinks around 4 years old, and if it were my dog I would be thinking what if it was son/daughter? or someone elses?

Your friend must be devastaded, and poor, poor Tally.... I would suggest that your friend writes to the Chief Inspector at the station that dealt with this, and also send a copy to the council. If there is any further incidents with this dog the letters will be on file (it also might make them do something more about it now!). The woman can't be much of a mother if she allows/tolerates such behavior from her dog with a young child in the house!

Poor wee dog - am sorry to say that I think the Rottie should be put to sleep - sad thing is, it's prob not the dogs fault that it is like this - I blame the owners.

Am very sorry for your friends loss - RIP Tally

what a flippin shame, so sorry about the wee dog :(

the rottie should defo be PTS, get them to press for charges under the Dangerous Dogs Act but as someone else has mentioned, it will help if she says she felt threatened and also if there is a witness. Good luck to her.

newrider.com