Goodbye Monty

CMP

Jan 15, 2010
Goodbye to my beautiful German Sheperd Monty who passed away today aged 10 years. He was a dog in a million and I shall miss him more than words can ever say. He has left me with a huge ache in my heart but a lifetime of happy memories. Monty, I love you, I miss you and I will never ever forget you. Rest in peace, until we meet again xxx

Attachments

• 108.jpg
    108.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 21
Thanks folks. He was 10 so not bad age for a GSD. He has was disgnosed with hip dysplacia when he was 5, just 6 months after I rehomed him. However, he went on a course of painkillers, joint supplements and started Hydrotherapy. He was able to reduce his pain relief to occassional use after the initial treatment.

He also received acupuncture and vistited the osteopath who was amazing. He was worth every single penny and he got great benefits from it.

He collapsed last thursday with a muscle spasm and has never quite recovered though the vet was hopefull. I had him in at vets at weekend and prognosis was better but I went to vet this morning and she wanted to x ray for a possible tumour and if not check his hips/spine.

He did not not have a tumour but his right hip was in a bad way as was his spine so I made the heartbreaking decision to let him go. He was very brave and he had a very peaceful passing.

Very tough decision for you CMP - but absolutely the right one IMO - you obviously gave him many more happy years than he might have expected with some owners - now he is running free, free of pain and full of joy.:twins:

Very tough decision for you CMP - but absolutely the right one IMO - you obviously gave him many more happy years than he might have expected with some owners - now he is running free, free of pain and full of joy.:twins:

It was a tough decision but really the only one. I had to let him go with his dignity intact as he was a big proud dog.

I hope is is up there with Rocco and Gizmo, the two GSD's that I lost before him. :angel::angel::angel:

newrider.com