gift for a 3 year old who has everything!

eventerbabe

Dec 16, 2004
it's my wee cousin's third birthday in a few weeks time and I have zero inspiration on what to buy her. I've got her a fairy dressing up outfit. Wings, wand, the works. However it was inexpensive so i want to get her something else. What are the in toys? i saw a lot of nice playdough stuff but i wasn't sure if that was OK for 3 year olds? she is into baking (they are teaching her at nursery!) so i was thinking of a little kiddy baking kit from John Lewis? anywhere sell kiddy sized aprons?

any and all ideas gratefully recieved!!

Just another idea..

Kids love magazines and especially the free gifts you get in them my daughter is 18mths n cost me a fortune with them.
dora the explorer magazine is doing a cooking theme at the mo maybe you could get her a few mths subscription to it...

I actually saw it in the newsagent the other day and was actually suprised at the lil butterfly shaped mould n spatular.

My daughter loved her Tomy Aquadraw at that age. As parents we loved it too. No mess no noise and easy to store but allowed her to be creative.

My daughter loved her Tomy Aquadraw at that age. As parents we loved it too. No mess no noise and easy to store but allowed her to be creative.

I saw one of these at a friends house recently, it was fantastic.:biggrin:

Wish they had been around when my kids were young.

Ooh that Tomy Aquadraw looks amazing. I have just ordered one for me niece. :) (Amazon had the best price)

Mini-Ruskii has one of the Tomy Aquadraw's as well c/o JC :biggrin: She LOVES it, and quite often pulls it out of the box it's kept in, what's nice is there is NO mess, and it's something that can be done together :)

Anything that comes in a big cardboard box, that way they HAVE a cardboard box to play with.

i had to go look up what an aquadraw was!! that does look fab, and she has absolutely nothing like it!

Trust me, any present that doesn't involve mess, batteries and can be done by at least two children will always be a winner with the parents at least ! ;)

Trust me, any present that doesn't involve mess, batteries and can be done by at least two children will always be a winner with the parents at least ! ;)

Yeah ditto.

Especially if it's small. My dad used to think that all the best presents were the ones that came in the biggest boxes. This meant not only finding somewhere to store it but also that we were the ones that had to get it out and put it away.

Another vote for the aqua draw .. my boy is 7 years old and still likes his :)

Another favourite of his, was a piggy bank, bowl and cup, that came plain white, with some paint, and he decorated it himself, then it went in the oven to set :)

If she likes dressing up then both of my girls (aged 2 and 5yrs) LOVE their princess dressing up shoes (or clip clop shoes as they call them!). They are the MOST played with thing in my house. They were in a box which you can store them in, 4 pairs for just over £15 I think. From Toys R Us.

If she likes dressing up then both of my girls (aged 2 and 5yrs) LOVE their princess dressing up shoes (or clip clop shoes as they call them!). They are the MOST played with thing in my house. They were in a box which you can store them in, 4 pairs for just over £15 I think. From Toys R Us.

Yep ditto that suggestion. Shoes and bags for my little monster. She's still the same at nearly 9!

newrider.com