Getting riding lessons at home

laz

Oct 9, 2004
Central Scotland
Visit site
Does anyone get a riding instructor come out to their own place to give them lessons. I am especially interested in people who have no facilities apart from a field to school in. I could really do with some lessons this year on my own horse, he has some trailering issues the now that we need to work through :rolleyes:, so i am thinking about getting someone to come out to me in the meantime.

You need to find yourself a freelance instructor. I have one who will teach in the field [but shes a friend and only lives round the corner from me] but they are out there.

If you're a begginer I imagine that even someone that has had riding classes before, even though they're not a RI, could probably help you out too! :)

i have a corner of a field to ride in ;) i have fortnightly dressage lessons and monthly jump lessons. I would have more but finances don't allow :( you do get some stuffy instructors who won't teach you without a school but keep looking. 99% of the instructors i contacted were happy to travel and didn't mind there being no school.

I have had lessons in the field before. We just used to work in a corner or down at the bottom end of the field. I haven't come across instructers that won't teach in a field - after all it's all money for them! Infact it's usually more if they are travelling to you! :p

Have a look on local tackshops/papers for adverts.

I travel a reasonable distance to teach people and am happy to teach in a field, as long as it's relatively flat and safe, ie well fenced and not overly slippy.

newrider.com