Gate crashing the party

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
So I needed to pick something up from a nearby yard so I thought I'd use hank instead of the car and when I arrived it transpired they were all just getting ready to go out for their xmas ride, so we tagged along :p As luck would have it Hank was already dressed for the occasion :p One day this pony will tell me to bugger off doing stupid stuff with him, but that wasn't today :p
_20161203_170642.JPG
He waited outside their yard relatively patiently (we're still working on his ability to stand still and not push to be the centre of attention constantly)
_20161203_170706.JPG
One of the kids was going to walk while everyone else rode, but jumped at the chance to drive hank, he'd never driven before but did a cracking job
_20161203_170746.JPG
Then we parked at the (closed) village pub/social club and my friends hubby was tgere waiting with a spread of nibble and drinks, a little snifter of Port hit just the spot :p
_20161203_170821.JPG Then we toddled off home again
_20161203_170843.JPG It wasn't how I expected to spend the afternoon but was much better fun :D

We went out again yesterday with another friend, he was really slow and not very enthusiastic. Only as we got back did I really think about it, those little legs had done over 10 miles in 3 days, not a lot for a big horse but when your legs are less than 20" long and you are keeping up with bigguns' it probably felt like a marathon each day :eek::oops:he can have a few days rest now and I am going to attempt to sprout some oats for him as a treat :D

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
They are whole feed oats, organic no less ;) my friend gave them to me as she got bored of sprouting them for her 3 and I happened to mention I needed to give Hank a little bit of something for energy as he's been gradually running low with the extra driving lately

I tired doing something similar last year and the sprouts kind of started to fuzz up :(:mad:
Can you send photos on your progress and method??
Maybe I was trying to go too long (too much growth) before using.
It did not work out well for me though:(.

I tired doing something similar last year and the sprouts kind of started to fuzz up :(:mad:
Can you send photos on your progress and method??
Maybe I was trying to go too long (too much growth) before using.
It did not work out well for me though:(.
I will try, I've not done it before but was told to soak/grow them in the warm for about 2 days before feeding

newrider.com