Friday the 13th, who is superstitious?

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Boo:rolleyes:

Well I dont walk under ladders unless I cross my fingers.
I have the vet due Friday, but may not be until noon, that's ok isnt it, midday?
A black cat crossing your path is good.

I think thats it.:)

There's already been a Friday 13th this year hasn't there?! I didn't mention it - only to OH. Hahahaaaa. I am a little superstitious - tbh though I'm more of a paranormal geek. Though I do have an affinity with anything weird or unexplainable. I wouldn't worry about Friday 13 - just a number right.......?

Not me! I've survived over 50 years of them so far without incident so I think I'll be OK.

Not superstitious about anything really.... magpies, black cats, walking under ladders, breaking mirrors.... nothing bothers me.

I do sometimes think of deceased loved ones when I find a mysterious white feather in the house though.....

Reactions: Trewsers
I do have the odd little suspicions but I generally forget that it's Friday 13th until it's bedtime! :p

There was one week at college when Thursday 12th was very bad luck for me and a few of my friends, nothing seemed to go right!

Not me! I've survived over 50 years of them so far without incident so I think I'll be OK.

Not superstitious about anything really.... magpies, black cats, walking under ladders, breaking mirrors.... nothing bothers me.

I do sometimes think of deceased loved ones when I find a mysterious white feather in the house though.....

I read somewhere a white feather meant an angel was looking out for you.........

I don't find magpies at all supersitious. I love them. Big colourful beggars. Not sure about the breaking mirror thing though. My Dad is very odd about that and I think it's left a lasting impression on me. I broke one just before moving here. Can't say it has been the most joyful seven years I've ever had!lol

I do have the odd little suspicions but I generally forget that it's Friday 13th until it's bedtime! :p

There was one week at college when Thursday 12th was very bad luck for me and a few of my friends, nothing seemed to go right!

Hahahaa, then suddenly you remember - and hope you've locked the doors, lets face it, "Jason" could be on the loose.....hahahaaaaaaa

Reactions: jovi_y2k2
Yes, we are getting 2 for the price of 1 this year because there was one in February.

I'm seeing my accountant. Don't know if that's good or bad....

My boss salutes magpies when we're out in the horse lorry. It took me a few weeks of my first show season to work out what she was doing! She doesn't usually bother in the car but I think she is more superstitious when she's got her precious cargo in the back!

I agree with Joosie, shit happens everyday and usually to good people who don't deserve shit, whatever the date.

I come from a very superstitious race, but have managed to free myself of most ingrained phobias and totally unreasonable superstitions. However, I still cannot bring myself to chop down the fairy tree in the middle of the field, or allow it to be chopped down. Nor can I rest comfortably when I have passed a catholic church without blessing myself (yes that IS most definitely superstition and nothing to do with religious fervour!) I could go on all day, but I have conquered most of them....I think.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Trewsers
What tree is that? @Cortrasna

I wonder how much is based on what we were told/grew up with.
The ladder in my case is because I can't judge distances well, most likely I would knock it down, I knock the mucking out tools over a lot.

I agree with Joosie, shit happens everyday and usually to good people who don't deserve shit, whatever the date.

I come from a very superstitious race, but have managed to free myself of most ingrained phobias and totally unreasonable superstitions. However, I still cannot bring myself to chop down the fairy tree in the middle of the field, or allow it to be chopped down. Nor can I rest comfortably when I have passed a catholic church without blessing myself (yes that IS most definitely superstition and nothing to do with religious fervour!) I could go on all day, but I have conquered most of them....I think.:rolleyes:
What is a fairy tree? This sounds like something I should know about!

OH's mum is fiercely superstitious of the colour green, thinks it's majorly bad luck. I find it really odd as she's Irish and it's the colour you associate with Ireland!
Had to deal with a huge sulk when OH and I started decorating, our hallway has green walls! It's my favourite colour....

Wow, just read that link - what a superstitious bunch:D I love hawthorn - nearly all our boundaries here are marked by them. Twerp next door wanted to cut loads down - they belong to us as we are responsible for the boundary but I said no, he could only trim them. Why move to the countryside if you want it to look like a housing estate?!:rolleyes:

newrider.com