Four weeks and counting!

bitsnpieces

Aug 22, 2007
The horsebox is booked for Inca's first show of 2012!!! An equestrian centre not too far from us is holding a showing show once a month from Jan until
Mid-summer. Luckily this is also the EC that is hosting our local Welsh society Spring Show that I'm aiming to take her to, so with a perfect chance to practice we're booked in for 18th Feb!!!

My theory is that if we get there and she is a total nightmare then I can just pull from the class and just practice being on the showground with her, either way it'll be a good chance to get her out and doing something different.

So now I just need to get fit enough to keep up with her trot!!!

Good luck with with the show, I wish I was brave enough (and fit enough, being signed off work and unable to ride mean I am now a bit larger)

Have you thought about taking Baby Bella along for the experience?

teehee, I'm going to try and take her to one later in the year. Inca's behaviour was dreadful the last time we took her to a show (spent most of the time on two legs) and she can get very stressed in these situations so I'll possibly have my hands full with her :cold:

...that said she's really grown up lately and when we've been out on the roads, situations that she may have freaked at in the past haven't bothered her, so I'm quietly confident that she'll be better than last time, but I would imagine she will be testing me the entire time we're there!!!!

I am planning on taking B for walk on the roads soon though to get her seeing the world :smile:

Shadow (at 24 months) preferred to fall asleep outside the show ring than actually show lol! He lay down and yawned... some moments are priceless :angel:
Hopefully when you start walking out, she'll be a good girl (if the terrible 2's don't play a part :giggle:), youngsters eh? Love em!:wub:

Brilliant! Even though I will never be capable of taking either of our pair off anywhere, I love the thoughts of it! Do hope you enjoy and get something out of it.
ONe of my dreams is to have a horsebox at some point and take both our ladies to a local show. Would love to put Chloe in the veteran class - in hand (if they had one?) and do an in-hand class with Storm (as I don't trust either of us ridden!!!)

Brilliant! Even though I will never be capable of taking either of our pair off anywhere, I love the thoughts of it! Do hope you enjoy and get something out of it.
ONe of my dreams is to have a horsebox at some point and take both our ladies to a local show. Would love to put Chloe in the veteran class - in hand (if they had one?) and do an in-hand class with Storm (as I don't trust either of us ridden!!!)

The VHS do lots of in-hand classes! Tbh most shows have both ridden and in-hand Veteran classes now, even if they aren't affiliated to VHS. It would be lovely to see Chloe all dolled up for a day out :)

LisW - it's at Topthorne, I've never been there before

newrider.com