Flat tire..does anyone use the solid rubber ones

Yes!!! Bought one of eBay for about £11.00, came with different universal fittings and was fairly easy to get on mine:) !

Yes i use one, its not as good as an air filled one if you have too many bumps to cross especially in the cold for some reason but I haven't had a puncture in four years!

Yes. I have a 90lt single solid wheeled barrow. Its unyielding over bumps but I got it as my pneumatic one was prone to regular and punctures as we are on flint.

If anyone can find a double solid wheeled barrow, any size, please let me know as I prefer twin wheeled barrows.

I got the wheel on ours filled at the local garage with something that makes it solid - no more flats - did same on OH's Mobility scooter - so no more having to recover it for flats!

Haha! I tried that on my barrow tyre when I kept having flats - it exploded and sprayed stuff all over my stable :D I have a solid tyre on it now :)

what on earth !!! lol

slightly OT but wouldnt it be interesting to put a odometer on a barrow, to see how far we actually lug them about ! I always seem to have a barrow in my hand right now!

I dont think I could cope with hard wheels here, theres cobbles and all sorts en route to the muck heap! They are a pain when you get punctures, alougth the tyre weld is holding the current wheel up for over a year since its last one I am told!

what on earth !!! lol

slightly OT but wouldnt it be interesting to put a odometer on a barrow, to see how far we actually lug them about ! I always seem to have a barrow in my hand right now!

I dont think I could cope with hard wheels here, theres cobbles and all sorts en route to the muck heap! They are a pain when you get punctures, alougth the tyre weld is holding the current wheel up for over a year since its last one I am told!

Re odometer, I have an apps on my phone that tells you how far you have walked, ridden etc. you can also see where you have been on a map. I did it one day while poo-picking and it looked like the trail of a drunken snail!!!:smile:
Regards the solid tyres you would have to be a masochist to use one, they are hard work.
In SA that's all they use because of the thorns you can't use pumped up ones!!

newrider.com