fitting english bit to western bridle URGENT PLS!

lolaelsa

Equus Costus Muchus
Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
can i fit an english (snaffle) to a western bridle. if i can how?! lol.
I have no buckles or hook studs but a screw stud arrangements. do i unscrew it? oh feel silly!

but want to be sure.

THANKS. V.V. MUCH.

swapping bits

Conveniantly my western bridle has clips for the bit, so its easy to change. But I am pretty sure you just undo the screw. Its has to be undoable - to clean the bridle if not to change the bit !

Just a little tip !!

Before you put your bit onto a western bridle, take a quick trip down to your local DIY store and invest in a small tube of Loctite, you'll find it in the glue section, if not ask.
Before you do the screws back up, put a drop in the hollow section, then put the screw bit in and tighten it up. This prevents the screw coming undone on it's own (been there, done that, got a very scary t shirt !!) You will be able to undo it easily with a screwdriver, but it will prevent you from having, shall we say, a more exciting ride than you had planned !

Epona.

The screws your describing are called Chicago Screws. You simply unscrew them, put the bit on, and screw 'em back! Also another way to prevent what happened to Epona is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS check your tack. Similar things have happened to me (that of which including a cinchless saddle!) so please remember to always check your saddle on both sides :D.

newrider.com