First Stressage Comp...

KP nut

I'd rather be riding.
Dec 22, 2008
And superstar Amber won it!!! I am totally shocked. I literally could not believe it. When I saw a 1 appear next to my name i thought maybe that meant last- ie the fewest points. So I went to look at the test sheets and saw the red rosette attached to my sheet. We scored 65.86 with lovely comments. Still pinching myself. It was very very entry level (Intro A) but still... gotta start somewhere!

Wow fantastic! Well done!! The Judge must of thought how you ride she went well then. Maybe that'll give you some reassurance about your RI's input.

Reactions: KP nut
Well I didnt fiddle with my hands or stick my feet forward in the test tbh. Got a 7 for rider position etc so not too bad! Thanks for advice on other thread on how to ride.

Reactions: Jessey
I couldn't be more thrilled with her. The best bit about it was her attitude: we traveled alone so I had to tack up on my own in a busy lorry park. I made sure we arrived in plenty of time and I just tied her to the trailer with a haynet and gave her a really long groom so she had time to absorb all the sights and sounds and just relax before being tacked up and she was fine. Getting on was a little tricky - she has been so much better at standing for mounting, but in that environment she was a little more unsettled. But I got on ok without needing help. She had never seen pot plants or dressage boards or a judges box before but after a bit of uncertainty during the warm up she relaxed and just stayed soft and obedient. The better comments were mostly saying she had a nice, active, rhythmic trot and was fairly straight. Negatives were needing to be more supple and working more over her back into an elastic contact which I know we need to get a lot better at. Also against the hand at times. She is still quite stiff and does not have much of a top-line but it's a good start.

Last edited:
newrider.com