Finn says the farrier makes a good pillow....

Vicki100

Jun 12, 2009
West Mids
He makes me laugh so much, he always falls asleep when having his shoes/hooves done and always ends up resting his head on the farrier!! :giggle:

We had to have a new farrier today as our usual guy has bust his shoulder :frown: but i must say i was really pleased with this guy, he was really friendly and did a nice job :wub: our usual farrier recommened we used this guy, glad he did cos i was panicking!! :angel:

Thats it shoe man...you just keep filing...

ZZZZzzzzz yes this is the life...

And OMG how cute, i do serisouly love this pony with all my heart!

Buddy not wanting to be left out also had some photos...Bless he has big ears!

He was an angel for the farrier as usual...i could not help feeling sad about the current decision im having to make....:(

And Brandy...being his wierd normal self...although i was so proud of him today, he was golden for all 4 hooves to be trimmed, i can finally say this horse has NO issues with his feet...hurray!

Whoops i left my little Buffy girl out, she wasnt really in a very good mood today anyway :giggle:

Last edited:
Lovely piccies!!! They look so relaxed.........ZZzzzzzzz

Our Joe used to be a menace to the farrier, he used to try and "groom" his head all the time or lick his arms and stuff - I used to find myself apologising on his behalf.........oh dear.

He! he! lovely and chilled:smile:

Mine do this too....our poor farriers:giggle:

I must say, I do have a soft spot for Buddy. He has such a kind genuine face:smile:

Mine do this too.

My poor farrier had his armpit licked by Littles last time, just for good measure. It was hilarious (luckily my farrier thiught so too) but raised the need to get a salt lick for the field.

please teach me how you make all yours so good for the farrier, Petri s a doddle, though if on a bad day can stamp her feet at farrier, btu usually just does the same as finn and falls asleep ..

menna however is now having to be barefoot as won't allow farrier to put shoes on her, doesn't help she doesn't like men and there are no female farriers where we are,

Lovely piccies!!! They look so relaxed.........ZZzzzzzzz

Our Joe used to be a menace to the farrier, he used to try and "groom" his head all the time or lick his arms and stuff - I used to find myself apologising on his behalf.........oh dear.

Thanks Trews, my little herd are rather docile LOL!! I put it down to them all being natives, they are just chilled out characters really lol!

LOL naughty Joe, Buddy likes to have a good nible of farriers botty or hair...makes me chuckle! :giggle:

Aww mega chilled. Lovely pics of all your herd

Thank you HH, yep mega chilled neddies...well it is a hard life and all that? :wink:

what a sweetie

Which one?? The farrier? Yeah he was HOT! :mstickle:

He! he! lovely and chilled:smile:

Mine do this too....our poor farriers:giggle:

I must say, I do have a soft spot for Buddy. He has such a kind genuine face:smile:

Yeah poor farriers...horses either like them too much or not at all haha! :wub:

I also have a soft spot for Buddy, big style...even more so after putting the advert for loan up...maybe its a sign??....:nerd:

Mine do this too.

My poor farrier had his armpit licked by Littles last time, just for good measure. It was hilarious (luckily my farrier thiught so too) but raised the need to get a salt lick for the field.

Mmmmm tastey sweaty armpit yummy!! Buffy had a little wiff round his arm pits...maybe i need to invest in a salt lick...only trouble is horses next door end up eating them :sluggish:

Great pics of your chilled out ponies! :D

Thanks Chessy! :smile:

I love the full on face pic of Finn. He is a gorgeous pony :inlove:

Me too! :inlove::inlove: Did you notice he is wearing the head collar you got him? Its his favourite! :wub:

(Okay im sure it was you who brought it him...awkward moment if it wasnt LOL!) :tongue:

please teach me how you make all yours so good for the farrier, Petri s a doddle, though if on a bad day can stamp her feet at farrier, btu usually just does the same as finn and falls asleep ..

menna however is now having to be barefoot as won't allow farrier to put shoes on her, doesn't help she doesn't like men and there are no female farriers where we are,

Awww Petri is a good girly!! :wub:

I think its just an age thing really, whilst Buddy is a good boy he doesnt really like standing still for long...so he will foot scrape, get him self tangled in his lead rope....anything for some attention LOL!

Suppose its like asking a 5 yr old toddler to stay still for 30 mins....just doesnt happen LOL!! :tongue:

newrider.com