Feeling guilty but thank heavens for Poohsmate (incl pics)

NicP

Cody's mum
Feb 22, 2007
Cambridgeshire
I had a visit from Poohsmate today to check Cody's back and also saddle. I knew Cody needed to add more muscle (he needed to when I got him in May but then lost condition at the yard I was on previously which is the main reason I moved yards) but he hasn't been acting up/bucking etc. and I had his saddle checked and re-flocked about three months ago.

The bad news is that the saddle is knackered to put it bluntly. It is slightly twisted so is pulling to one side and even the re-flocking is uneven and that has been causing my poor boy to get a sore back.

I feel so angry that a) I was sold the saddle from a tack shop when I bought him, b) I paid over £100 to have it re-flocked by a saddler who should have just told me it wasn't fixable and most of all c) I am so cross at myself and guilty for not having noticed it was a problem. :mad::mad:

The good news is that Cody isn't tight anywhere else and Norm agreed with me that he is a real sweetie of a character.

So - Codes gets no riding till I sort a new saddle but will get plenty of groundwork and TLC.

Pics of Norm at work and Codes looking dopey!

CodyNorm2.jpg

CodyNorm1.jpg

Love this one as Codes has his ears forward!

CodyNorm.jpg

So many thanks Norm!

NicP said:
Love this one as Codes has his ears forward!

And he's smiling :D

Awww, he is such a sweetie. But a plonker for not telling you that anything was wrong! You've done the best thing for him, well done you :)

And he's smiling :D

Awww, he is such a sweetie. But a plonker for not telling you that anything was wrong! You've done the best thing for him, well done you :)

Smiling? He doing his fave thing and eating!! :D:D:D

I know it is onwards and upwards from here but still feeling dead guilty... :eek:

Smiling? He doing his fave thing and eating!! :D:D:D

I know it is onwards and upwards from here but still feeling dead guilty... :eek:

Now Nic...what is it you always say to me...you've sorted the problem before it got any worse, chin up and have fun with your horse.

You need to use your own advice ;)

Now Nic...what is it you always say to me...you've sorted the problem before it got any worse, chin up and have fun with your horse.

You need to use your own advice ;)

Thanks Sammi - you are right! :)

I just hate to feel I have done anything to make things worse. I am just so pleased Norm was good enough to come all the way over and give me the benefit of his experience. It was so nice to meet him :D

Join the merry band of thousands of owners who didn't know Nic - as the others say you did the right thing and got a second opinion and now you know.

Such an embuggerance though, isn't it :mad:

Thanks guys. :) I know I am not the only one but hate to feel I have caused my babe some probs :eek:

Norm - I texted YO to say he might be 'spaced' and she said he was but no more than normal! :D:D

She also said she is a great Bowen fan :)

Your story is what we all fear. You do your best for your horse, everything you should have done and it still wasn't right because of the incompetence of those you trusted and paid to help you. :mad:

I am waiting for a visit from the back lady on Tuesday. I haven't been entirely happy with Joy. The problems ceased for a while after I had her saddle checked but then started again.

I can't help but feel that there is a problem somewhere and am on tenterhooks until Tuesday.

At least you are within range of Norm. I just want to find someone I can trust. I am spending too much time doubting everything I have done. :(

Everyone is within range of Norm :D If we are you must be too. Top bloke :)

So long as you have done the best you could with what was available to you at the time, then you have nothing to reproach yourself for, just take it as a learning point. If there's one thing I've learned is that those gut feelings are often right whatever the 'experts' are telling you. :)

The problem is you look after your horse, try to do your best, but on somethings you have to rely on the 'so called experts' only to find out once again they got it wrong.

Well at least you now know Nic and can rectify it but its annoying to say the least.:D Cody looks as though he is having a great time.:D

newrider.com