Favourite tv programmes

I love watching Miranda, Mrs Brown's Boys, The Big Bang Theory, Celebrity Juice, Paranormal Witness and Silent Witness.

Don't really sit down for long to watch TV, don't even enjoy the soaps anymore but I do like a laugh and I love anything paranormal, psychological, pathology etc.

House
It crowd
Big bang theory
How I met your mother
2 broke girls
Family guy
The Simpson's!
My name is earl
Red dwarf
Green wing
Futurama!
And the undatables I think is really sweet.

I basically don't watch tv just watch my boxsets of the above over and over

Jim Parsons who plays Sheldon in the Big Bang Theory should get an oscar for reciting those lines!

I love him to bits. I would adore a best friend like him :bounce:

Ice Road Truckers!
Big Bang Theory (though if I see another repeat I will lose the will)
Miranda (though she makes me cringe)
Bargain Hunt
Dog Bounty Hunter (addictive)

Dog Bounty Hunter......oh my , him and his wife so make me laugh, what are they like and she wears those mini skirts and her false nails oh gringe lol but yes so addictive hehehe

Well, am clearly a huge pleb but ............

Eastenders
Corrie
Emmerdale

Quite like Miranda, Love Friends, and one of my most fave's Made in Chelsea - but thats quite OK because my very cool 15 year old son and his mates like that as well!!!!

Well, am clearly a huge pleb but ............

Eastenders
Corrie
Emmerdale

Quite like Miranda, Love Friends, and one of my most fave's Made in Chelsea - but thats quite OK because my very cool 15 year old son and his mates like that as well!!!!

:dance: was beginning to think I was seriously out of touch and missing something. Hey no worries, there are now 2 plebs on here, minus Eastenders:giggle: too depressing lol.

It's:

> OBEM
> Big Bang Theory
> My Big Fat Diary
> Dowton Abbey & other period dramas
> Call the Midwife
> Emmerdale & Coronation Street but I'm not a die hard fan!!
> Food network programs like Diners, Drive Throughs and Dives
> Mrs Browns Boys (I've just started watching it but FLIPPING HILARIOUS!!)
> Miranda (ditto MBB)
> Great Night Out (New comedy drama on ITV on Friday's).

Oh god this will make me sound like a complete square eyed fool who never goes out. Remember I'm single!!!

Big bang theory
Mock the week
Buzzcocks
Vampire diaries
Supernatural
How I met your mother
Friends (an oldie now but still watch to put me to sleep at night!)
Gilmore girls (same use as friends!)
The good wife
Silent witness
Game of thrones
Suits
Americas next top model
Winners and losers
White collar
Greys anatomy
Private practice
Biggest loser

Oh and many more.

Oh dear I forgot Glee and Ugly Betty...:redface:

Top gear!
The Wild Thornberrys/ Arthur when I'm sick
Blackadder
Faulty Towers
Peep show!!
Who's Line is it anyway
Mighty Boosh
Black Books
Gavin and Stacey
SPONGEBOB :smug:

Last edited:
Currently the only thing I CAN'T miss is Revenge.

My favourite TV programme ever is Black Books.

I like Mock the Week, Have I Got News for You, Man vs Food, Big Bang Theory (most of the time, some episodes are:poop: and I'm sick of repeats), How I met your Mother is ok but I wonder how long they'll drag it out for! I occasionally watch things like Don't Tell The Bride and One Born Every Minute but it's more background tv and I don't have to watch it.

I don't watch TV, we don't have one & even if we did I wouldn't watch it cos French telly is absolute shite! I watch a lot online though. The only current series I watch is The Mentalist, I keep up-to-date on that but that's it. Otherwise it's older stuff - Spooks, Supernatural, 24, Grey's Anatomy, the CSIs, Third Watch (very old!)

Ah CSI ! Loved the old Vegas ones but it was crap when Grissom left. I like NY but really started to go off Miami. Not watched them for ages!

I don't watch much TV either but I love House. Am currently working my way through the repeats just now.
Used to like Fringe but for some reason I can't get into the latest series.
Enjoy Hawaii 5 O and Lie to me.
Loved Elementary too even though I didn't think I would.
Ripper Street is a current favourite, the guy in that you girls think is hot used to be in a series called spooks which was very good.
Oh and good old QI - Stephen fry is fab!

That's about it really but I will definitely be recording Martin Clunes on the 7th.

Jim Parsons who plays Sheldon in the Big Bang Theory should get an oscar for reciting those lines!

I love him to bits. I would adore a best friend like him :bounce:

My husband can be a lot like Sheldon. I wind him up calling him Sheldon when he is being particularly autistic and annoying!

At the moment I am enjoying:

Revenge
My big fat diary
The Big Bang theory
The undateables
Call The midwife
One born every minute (I am pregnant and it is great learning material)
Hollyoaks- I am a bit of an addict, even though I know it is crap.
Game of Thrones (when it returns in March- can't wait)

I also watch Mrs Browns Boys and 2 Broke Girls but don't have them on series link.

In the past I have loved

Criminal Minds (I od-ed on the box set)
True Blood (it got a bit gory)
Dexter (it got a bit samey)
Don't trust the bitch in apartment 23 (this was amazing).
House (was upset when this finished)

We started watching Derek last night, not too sure if we will bother again, OH enjoyed it though.

Last edited:
I like lots of reality trashy tv such as BB, Im a celeb, Dancing on Ice, X factor & strictly, americas next top model, the apprentice :redface:

I also used to watch the kardashians a lot - but have stopped now as i find i want to punch them all in the face when i see them :redface::banghead:

I also used to be a HUGE fan of CSI until Grissom left..it lost its magic once he had gone and i just cant get into it anymore.

I have just finished watching american horror story series 2 which was scary (genuinely) and twisted .. As i enjoyed series 2 so much i streamed series 1 on letmewatchthis.com - found S1 to be enjoyable but not as much as S2.

The Killing - Danish version (not the american one ). The first series was one of the best TV shows i have EVER seen.Gripping to watch and a FABULOUS storyline.. Series 2 & 3 were good as well just not as good as S1 . If you can handle subtitles i then i cant recommend enough.

The following with Kevin Bacon. Twisty & turny crime drama - on tenterhooks throughout.

Riding across the stoppe - this on H & C TV and its about 2 guys competing in the mongolian derby. Its annoying that they are only showing the programme once a week as i love it ! Mongolian horses are such hardy creatures !:smile:

David Attenbrough programmes - he seems to be doing a lot of TV shows a lot at the moment and am thoroughly enjoying watching them.

I also watch biggest loser USA, big bang theory, masterchef, cupcake wars, top chef, come dine with me, 4 in a bed, pointless, the chase, FEI showjumping, dressage & driving .

Their is an interview with him in the TV times and he talks about his two young Clydesdales Ronnie and Bruce. I didnt know he had clydesdales and he also mentions how Comtois are the Rolls Royces of horses :smile:

I have this on record ..i hope its as good as his Horse Power show..

Dog Bounty Hunter (addictive)

Agree about dog being addictive..i find myself sat marvelling at the size of beths busoms :redface:. They look like they are a shelf !

I think beth & dog are stuck in an 80's time warp though :skull:

I like scary programmes.
There is a distinct lack of those on terrestrial tv.
Many years ago (about 1994) there used to be a show called Strange but True. The pilot episode was presented by Sue Cook (who used to do Crime Watch Uk) but then later changed to Michael Aspel doing the show. That first episode scared the doobie whatsits out of me! I'd not long moved in with OH and the house seemed large and empty (we were poor and had no furniture lol). I remember snuggling up on the settee watching it with the lights off - bricking it! Hahahhaa.
Don't get telly like that now.............

I like scary programmes.
There is a distinct lack of those on terrestrial tv.
Many years ago (about 1994) there used to be a show called Strange but True. The pilot episode was presented by Sue Cook (who used to do Crime Watch Uk) but then later changed to Michael Aspel doing the show. That first episode scared the doobie whatsits out of me! I'd not long moved in with OH and the house seemed large and empty (we were poor and had no furniture lol). I remember snuggling up on the settee watching it with the lights off - bricking it! Hahahhaa.
Don't get telly like that now.............

crimewatch (did) and still does scare the bejesus out of me. I go around checking all windows & doors 50 times over when i watch it :skull:

Did you ever watch Twin Peaks?

newrider.com