Favourite food

What's everyones favourite food?

I have several:

Curry - have this either Indian style or Thai style weekly.
Stovies with oatcakes and beetroots. (making this tomorrow)

what are they^^

I love ALL bread especially tiger bread, cheesey bread & naan bread
Cheese
Hummous
Sweets (current faves are licorice tablets & cherry lips )
Chicken
Sausages
Bacon
stews
roasts
Salt & Pepper Chicken ( chinese)
Crispy duck & Pancakes (Chinese)

so in short i love my food ..:wink::smile:

what are they^^

I love ALL bread especially tiger bread, cheesey bread & naan bread
Cheese
Hummous
Sweets (current faves are licorice tablets & cherry lips )
Chicken
Sausages
Bacon
stews
roasts
Salt & Pepper Chicken ( chinese)
Crispy duck & Pancakes (Chinese)

so in short i love my food ..:wink::smile:

I love all the above too.....like my food too much too.
Stovies are a national dish of Scotland but they vary greatly region to region.
Basically wads of onions well friend then add potatoes, left over beef/lamb/gravy and cook dead slowly for hours.
I've never perfected it but my Mum makes the best ones ever!

Spiced food wise, gotta be Indian! In particular Chicken Tikka Madras or Chicken tikka dupiaza.
English / traditional wise - either a full bird oven roasted with mashed carrot, turnip, spuds and broad beans or a good old fashioned tattie pie with a loose crust. I also love a good shepherds pie with lots of cheese and tom on the top.

This thread has now made me even hungrier and I've only just wolfed a ham sandwich down..........(late lunch!)

Loving the sound of Stovies - can you give me a recipe for OH please? They sound great! Am sure he'd love to try cooking them for us.......(Mr T does most of the culinary masterpieces around our house!)

I love all the above too.....like my food too much too.
Stovies are a national dish of Scotland but they vary greatly region to region.
Basically wads of onions well friend then add potatoes, left over beef/lamb/gravy and cook dead slowly for hours.
I've never perfected it but my Mum makes the best ones ever!

are they also known as tatties & neeps??:unsure:

Smoked salmon
Crispy duck and pancakes
Roast beef or chicken
Yorkshire puddings
Lobster thermadore
Good chocolate
French fancies

My favourite bog standard food though is pasta! I love it, when OH was on holiday for a week earlier on in the year I had it every single day. Pasta, lurpack and mangetout being a particular favourite! :D

(I love my food! :D)

Loving the sound of Stovies - can you give me a recipe for OH please? They sound great! Am sure he'd love to try cooking them for us.......(Mr T does most of the culinary masterpieces around our house!)

There are so many but I tend to stick to this for either the pan or the slow cooker.

Fry plenty onions till brown (I use lamb dripping but any oil and/or butter will do)
Peel and chop reasonably small lots of potatoes (dry variety)
add to pan with browned onion then add your gravy and or stock. Dont need a lot. Try half a cup and leave on low heat for a few hours on low in slow cooker for 5 hours min. I also grate a wee bit of carrot or turnip in too then add your left over meat near the end. I am using leftover stewing steak from the casserole last night for mine.
Google them to get a better idea.

I love a roast dinner. My fav would be beef and Yorkies with mashed swede and broccoli with savoy cabbage sautéed with bacon bits.

I also adore chicken fajitas and curries. I love a little spice.

Thanks for the info clash - definitely going to try them! Shame but I've just used up our onion supply (we grew a few this summer) and it would have been nice to use our own. They sound most tasty, and indeed as flo-po says comforting too........mmmmmmm

Mmmm I love veggie stovies.

Tablet has to be my favourite sweet.

Potatoes are my favourite savoury food, especially roasted tatties or proper oven baked ones with butter, cheese and chives.

I am a total glutton though, I wouldn't be able to pin down my favourite meal. :giggle:

I'm not sure I could list everything in one sitting as I love food so much....

Fajitas - much ohm-ness to be had, made with Quorn, very spicey & with creme fraiche

I love cheese - anything that involves cheese, so long as it's not cheap/plastic cheese or out of a tube cheese *barfs* A platter of cheese, crackers, different pickles & grapes is always delicious Christmas evening :happy:

I also love sandwiches - can have anything between two slices of bread me!

CHOCOLATE!

Lol to Roxy and barfing over tubes of cheese.....must admit, stuff is pretty gross.........

Be honest peeps, who waits until their evening meal without snacking?????! OH and myself are very naughty most nights, whilst the meal is cooking we nearly always end up nibbling either peanuts, twiglets or (gasps) pickled onion Space Raiders...............(no wonder I can't shift the last half stone)

Lol to Roxy and barfing over tubes of cheese.....must admit, stuff is pretty gross.........

Be honest peeps, who waits until their evening meal without snacking?????! OH and myself are very naughty most nights, whilst the meal is cooking we nearly always end up nibbling either peanuts, twiglets or (gasps) pickled onion Space Raiders...............(no wonder I can't shift the last half stone)

Pickled Onion Space raiders were on sale at the local pound shop so I troughed 4 packs in one sitting. Scrumptious! And Trans Form a Snax

newrider.com