Fave Childhood Toys?!

Happy Hacker 01

Jul 8, 2009
This will show our ages! :wink:

Mine were My Little Pony (of course!), Carebears, Polly in My Pocket (when they could actually fit in your pocket) Littlest Pet Shop, Keypers...I could go on!!

I was an 80's child!! :biggrin:

Oh dear, my poor brain! :eek:

Slinky :) Spent hours trying to trip people up on the stairs with Slinky!

Sindy dolls (well, all the horse-related Sindy stuff to be precise!)

My farm and riding school my dad made me - amazing wooden buildings and yard, with Britains models to play with.

Toy cars and aeroplanes. :D

Games I remember having were Buckaroo, Spin-To-Win, Stratego, Siege and Connect 4!

Clackers:D. Tiny Tears. I didnt have Breyer horses but I had a random collection of assorted other horses - including Action Man's horse:D. And my Spacehopper:D

Oh, and that plastic ring that went round your ankle and had a rope and a ball on it. You whirled it round and jumped it as it came past.

We spent hours playing with home made stilts and "telephones" made from bean cans with string. Child of the 60's here - not so many mod cons for us - although most of the toys I remember were early 70's:D

My toy farms and riding school were the best but I also loved

My Little Ponies
Keepers (keepers what's inside those keepers?!)
Boglins
Palm Pets
Garbage Pail Kids Cards
Care Bears
Rainbow Brite
Wuzzles
Popples
Pound Puppies
Oh and I actually WAS She Ra! "Up Swift Wind" :giggle:

I always wanted a teddy Ruxpin and the Big Yellow Teapot but Father Christmas let me down!

Mine were cars also, was such a tom boy

others included, finders keepers, they looked like kangaroos with lockable tummies.

Also liked rainbow bright and she ra! (for the flying horse obviously)

My toy farms and riding school were the best but I also loved

My Little Ponies
Keepers (keepers what's inside those keepers?!)
Boglins
Palm Pets
Garbage Pail Kids Cards
Care Bears
Rainbow Brite
Wuzzles
Popples
Pound Puppies
Oh and I actually WAS She Ra! "Up Swift Wind" :giggle:

I always wanted a teddy Ruxpin and the Big Yellow Teapot but Father Christmas let me down!

Ahhhh you've just taken me on a trip down memory lane!!

I had most of those on video too!! I think they're still up in my parents attic somewhere!! :smile:

I loved my plastic cash register - used to pretend it was a typewriter lol, and pretend that I worked in an "office"!!!! Later on parents bought me a typewriter, one with a daisy wheel - loved it!!! Then they got me a much better one which I used clack about with endlessly!!!!!!!!
Loved Chinese Checkers - lol, what a game (it was a 70's one passed down from my eldest bro).
Used to spend hours playing dominos - loved those!!!!!!!
Had Cindy dolls and Barbie - used to dress them like tom-boys tho! I even made them "central heating" by filling empty Avon cream pots with warm water from the tap and draping cloths over them on the bookshelf in my bedroom (lol, I wanted Barbie and Cindy to be warm you know, it was winter afterall!!!!!!!!)

a doll/horse combo called Anna and Happytime - they were both "fully poseable" and Ann Moore used to do the adverts. I still have them! The horse's leg fell off, but my Dad managed to put it back on, his tail fell out, but I replaced it with wool (and even managed to put a plait in it!), I cut the doll's hair so she's a skinhead! I customised the saddle a bit, and made a new bridle for the horse, and leg wrap/boot things, and knitted the doll a jumper, and at some point I bought white acrylic paint and gave horse new face and leg markings LOL I loved that doll and played with her well into my late teens (and possibly early 20s :redface: )

^^ i had one of them!! loved it :D

i loved my rocking horse, i still have him :giggle: gindy, he now lives in my bedroom. my grandparents had him made for me by a guy who they saw at Badminton horse trials.

I had loads of julip horses aswell. Dad built us stables and a tack room but we had the proper, bought Julip eventers horsebox.

i had a treasure keeper aswell, infact i think i'd two. A horse and a ladybird. And i had a pink popple.

Oh my god, how could I forget my beloved A la Carte Kitchen!!

Check this beauty out!

I HAD THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMLG, I spent endless hours of my life playing with mine!!!!

I also had a miniture Little Bo Beep china tea set & I would 'set up shop' periodically and make everybody mini shots of tea!

My mum used to get tins & things out the cupboard that still had the price labels on them (no bar codes then!) and I had a little toy til so I could practice adding up, counting out change etc. I was in my element!!

Typical 80s child! Also had:

Popples
Keepers
Pound Puppies
My Little Pony
Care Bears
She Ra
Lego & Duplo (inlcuding a RO-RO ferry I used to play with in the bath!)
Skip It (the thing around your ankle you swing round & then jump over - mine had a counter & everything!) :skip:

I would often put up jumps in the garden for myself & pretend I was horse doing showjumping :redface:

Dear God, just googled Big Yellow Teapot - I had one of them too!

I had inherited from my sister, who inherited from some cousins, a giant stuffed dog (not a real dead dog - at least I hope not) that was bigger than us as toddlers but who stood in some kind of trolley on wheels with a handle at the back.

He didn't do anything, we just push him around & played with him. And for some reason called him Simon... :giggle:

oh She Ra!!! i wanted the she ra castle but never got it :(

Nor did I :(

But you always had a friend that had one didnt you? Really annoying.

Do you remember Clarks Magic Step shoes? I would have given one of my kidneys for a pair of those shoes and a golden key.

The parents failed to deliver them too lol :stomp:

^ OH MY LADY GAGA, ME TOO!!!!!

Oh they were just to DIE for those shoes - they were amaaaaazing!

My friend also had lots of Sylvanian Family stuff, including a bakery (amongst other shops/sets). It even had mini iced ring doughnuts and oh I was soooo jealous! Apparently they were too expensive for us to have though :cry:

newrider.com