Farriers in South Yorkshire

*millie*

Feb 23, 2006
Yorkshire
www.xpridex.piczo.com
I've just moved yards and dont think my current farrier goes to my new yard :( Im just waiting to hear back from him about it.

Sooo.. can people recommend me a farrier? I've used two others in the past and haven't been happy with either of them :rolleyes:

I inheritted a guy called stuart from Milo's last owner, sadly don't know his surname, but I would avoid him like the plague. There's John Anderson, highly rated, but NEVER takes on newies and Oliver Clough who I was always pleased with and is quite pleasing on the eye *coughs* which is always a bonus.

I have John Anderson and to be honest wouldnt ever want any other farrier. He is absolutely brilliant, never lets you down and will try and get to you as soon as he can if you have a problem. Unfortunately I think he has a waiting list but I would still give him a try

I've just started using a recently qualified farrier from Dronfield called Chris Greenwood, his attitude is spot on and he does a decent job.

My farrier, Tom Eastwood who is based in North/West Yorkshire is fantastic, the best farrier i have ever had. He is very punctual as many as my old farriers didnt even turn up and he is very caring with the horses. He is also good at doing nervous horses as one of mine is very hammer shy and he was very patient with her. He is a newly qualified farrier but i dealt with him as an appentice so can definately vouch for him and he definately knows his stuff and is very reasonable priced. He has given me permission to give out his number: 07590619237

Now now, ladies, it sounds like a lot of you have seen Olivers ....hmmm....cant think of the make, but have a clear picture in my head. Unfortunately I am 47, but my daughter loves him. What a lovely tat of rearing horse on his arm in summer too.

My pony has always been barefoot and he trims and rasps him. He has been through 2 bad bouts of lami with us with rotated pedals and got them level again by very acurate trimming.

Agree he is sometimes a little late, not more than half an hour in 4 yrs though.

newrider.com