Fantastic Lesson

loopyh

Oct 9, 2006
Leeds
I've had an hour lesson this afternoon. They changed the horse I was using and the new one was definitely stronger and a little more opinionated but I did 15 minutes or so sitting trot with no stirrups and I got him to canter although he did keep going back to a fast trot - he even bucked at one point but I stuck with it and got him to do what I wanted so I'm dead pleased with myself. RI also said she thought I would be OK out on a hack on this horse. I'm concerned about hacking having had a bad experience but I'm wondering whether I'm making to big a deal out of it and should just go for it - after today I'm obviously capable and at the moment feel on top of the world - just want to do it again tomorrow. What do you think?

Hi there

I am glad to hear that you had a great lesson today. it is a great fealing when it is like that hey. I think from what you said you would be fine on a hack. It sounds like you just need to give it a go to conker your fear. I hope your next lesson goes as well. good luck with it :D

Hacking doesn't necessarily mean rushing about in canter or even trot! If you are on a horse you are comfortable with there should be no problem. I recently had my first ever hack, which went like a dream and gave me loads of confidence, and we didn't go out of walk. You've obviously made loads of progress since your bad experience, so let it go and put your best hooves forward!

newrider.com