Exciting start and exciting end

TBminx

Mar 22, 2013
I think the new people in my yard think I and my mare are simply mad lol :redface:

One day then see me mounting in the school before a hack and madam bombs out arena gate when my butt is barely in the saddle and rodeos then canters sideways out the yard gate..... :furious:

Next time they see me flying past the stable barn door without stirrups and spinning :unsure:

Yesterday, I do custom charge on mounting then have to wait to let tractor pass and she squeals and bucks on the spot bouncing around then jogs all hyper up the road :stomp:

She settles once off this road and have a nice toodle except for when running cattle upset her but nothing major and heading for home all relaxed :wink:

Cue dog walker with 8 dogs who thinks good idea to hide behind the hedge so she freezes and grows taller refusing to move so I ask dog walker to come out where she can see them then donkey runs at fence hee hawing like something possessed with its tongue hanging out deafening us all and poor girl has a total meltdown and we re enter the yard faster than we left it :banghead:

Oh poor you - naughty her!!

When I first joined my new yard Tobes was going through his napping stage. I had to be led (like a small child) by one livery down the yard, and then YO decided enough was enough and we were out there with YO yelling instructions at me on board, Tobes kicking out in temper because I was smacking the crop across his back end, and me wishing I was anywhere but there!!!

Thankfully, things have settled down considerably and he has thought better of this behaviour - and I am sure yours will soon too.

She is a funny one cos always better when turned out all day everyday, warm and not a fresh nippy day or any wind, in quiet company that gives her confidence and not hormonal lol :tongue:

Sadly we deal with alot of these many days we ride and hack and she keeps me on my toes :hot:

She can be so so good but she is always on her guard and very much a flight horse and oh so nosey missing nothing so even the best hack for us will have something to keep me awake :wink:

Today we went a short toodle to stretch legs before schooling as she always goes better when do that as loosened up more and gets stuffy in the arena all the time. She was alot better exiting as in field all yesterday and just jogged a little. She was good the whole way although few wee spooks until a cow with horns ambled in our direction and she was off high stepping trot whoosh no brakes but luckily it didnt charge or we wouldve been bombing down hill :running:

She was jumping at daffodils after that but was forgiven as it was one mean looking cow in her defense :wink:

Oh my word I wish I had your confidence - I don't think I could handle that at all (pre-injury maybe but not now). What breed is your horse? It sounds like you enjoy that spark she has!

Oh gosh do I sound confident?? I often think gonna :poop: myself or throttle her :furious:

what injury did you have? Ive had a few myself and at 39 I dont bounce anymore :bounce: ......instead I thud :cry:

Im not as confident now as used to be and sometimes am such a yella belly my husband cracks up with me cos while he is white faced he just sucks it up and gets on with it whereas I think too much and worry :frown:

Both my horses are thoroughbreds. Murphy raced and is 17.1hh but is a sweetheart really which needs to be cos I am only 4ft9 :help:

Jeannie (the madam on the hacks) was racing trained then hunted before got her on loan and I do like her spark and dont mind her spooks and silliness when not full on bolting with rodeos or reversing full pelt which she does when fresh or out with one horse that does the same so bad combination or when something in a field charges at her or a motorbike zooms past or a trailer clatters past too fast. Then I :poop: myself haha

Sometimes especially on the very hairy hacks and in company I wish she was less of a personality though :tongue:

Oh no I had a bad ankle injury and will never be right. This bothered me cos went over on it at yard. Made me wary of jumping :cry:

newrider.com