Evolving artwork

Yep after your mishap last week.

Put a smile on my face. I actually laughed when i saw that. I like it too.
That one actually sold within 24 hours, I have made more though. I wasn't sure if to write on them or leave them so they can be personalised, so went for the latter.
Im really glad that made you laugh though, I just thought what can I do that's a little bit different, Ive got one standing on his head too.

Reactions: Trewsers
I like your shroom pics. The fly agaric you know, the other two are parasol mushroom (VERY edible) and a bracket fungus, probably a dryad's saddle and not edible :)
Oh thank you Jane, my knowledge of fungi is very limited.
As for those parasol mushrooms I’ll pick some to try in the next few days.

I’ll pick some to try in the next few days.
You can't miss them. They have a cap the size of a dinner plate standing on top of an unfeasibly slender tough stalk.

They are so tasty. Egg and breadcrumb them and fry them - you'll need a frying pan per shroom! Young ones are always best. Sometimes you can find them not quite opened yet, like chicken legs on stalks :p

Reactions: Kite_Rider
You can't miss them. They have a cap the size of a dinner plate standing on top of an unfeasibly slender tough stalk.

They are so tasty. Egg and breadcrumb them and fry them - you'll need a frying pan per shroom! Young ones are always best. Sometimes you can find them not quite opened yet, like chicken legs on stalks :p
I'm definitely going to try them, they sound yummy! Especially the young ones. Yeah they were huge, I thought they would make quite a substantial meal. Thanks Jane.
My daughter said you can pickle flyagaric in lemon juice, make a paste and eat after 20 minutes, then you'll see God! Err No thanks :eek:

• Wow
Reactions: Huggy
Aren't there some mushrooms that you can eat that are fine until you mix them with alcohol? We went to Rome once and they had a mushroom festival on. I've never seen so many! They had them on the table in the restaurant, just raw (I'm sure they were) and people were eating them. Not me lol I was too worried about the taste :oops:

@Trewsers at about that age I was also in Italy, Tuscany as I recall, in mushroom season. We had a meal where there were mushrooms in everything, even in the dessert. I had never eaten anything but cultivated mushrooms, but that day I ate porcini, girolles, morels and truffles. I was sold!

BAF06AB6-9119-4D3B-BC21-30814758E347.jpeg
Someone who shall remain nameless 🙄 asked me if I could do a horse themed bookmark instead of a cat or flower one, I wracked my brains for ages trying to figure out how on earth to fit a horse into the size/shape of a bookmark…….
Here’s what I came up with 😁

• Love
Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com