EQUIFLEX- comments please

keep the faith

Apr 16, 2004
county armagh, N.I
Visit site
I have just ordered a tub of this today for Lady as her hind fetlocks have recently started to click and i'm hoping it will help. Vet says it's nothing to worry about but as she didn't do it previously i think it's her past started to catch up! (she was loose jumped competitively as a 3yr old and was jumped in 4yr old and 5yr old classses until i bought her.) She's only rising 10 this year.

Have any of you used it and what differences has it made to your horses way of going and temperament?

Last edited:
We use it on our 17 year old with good results. He has mild navicular and arthritus in his fronts but has been able to continue light work without bute since we have had him on this. It is quite cheap too

My TB mare is on this after I discovered she was stiff on her hinds. I've been using it for 2 months now and have seen a marked improvement :D

xxx

She seems to move quite a lot better and her stride length seems to have improved also. Hope the chiro/physio can help you with some answers and it's nothing too bad. :)

xxx

so do i, hopefully chiro won't find anything wrong, I just like to get her checked out every 3/4months in case. I think it's just a combination of the colder weather and being stabled causing her to click. (hopefully!) She has also had a change in farrier, old one left her toes to long and let her heels collapse, new guy is great although says she has developed a strange way of setting her hind feet down, she doesn't do heel to toe she sets the whole foot down at the same time. hopefully better shoeing will fix it.

My friend used it on her arthritic horse for 8 months with no sign of improvement. I think what works for one horse doesn't necessarily work for another. I suggested she give cortaflex a try as I was using it on my mare with good results. There was an improvement within 2/3 months although her horse can still be stiff at times. I think she may need the vet strength, I think it's called cortavet.

newrider.com