Emma's first full hack off lead

Lemme

May 22, 2008
East Yorkshire
Well what a wonderful morning - sun shining and after a lesson in the field we took Emma & Acorn out for a hack - the little man showed his true colours and off the lead is a perfect gentleman - we went out for an hour over the wolds to the next village and back - she managed to get him into trot and maintain it and the smile on her face says it all - for a country lane its very busy with hikers, bikes and Sunday drivers - she waved and thanked all for slowing down and even had her picture taken by one - I made my daughter do the running along side on the trots - I took the easy bit and in charge of camera - hers a few pics of our morning

Attachments

• Emma Hacking May 2013 002.jpg
    Emma Hacking May 2013 002.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Emma Hacking May 2013 004.jpg
    Emma Hacking May 2013 004.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Emma Hacking May 2013 005.jpg
    Emma Hacking May 2013 005.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Emma Hacking May 2013 006.jpg
    Emma Hacking May 2013 006.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Emma Hacking May 2013 007.jpg
    Emma Hacking May 2013 007.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 18
and a few more - proud nanna and owner moment:wub:

Attachments

• Emma Hacking May 2013 010.jpg
    Emma Hacking May 2013 010.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Emma Hacking May 2013 011.jpg
    Emma Hacking May 2013 011.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 15
Absolutely fantastic, I have just experienced the same sense of pride and Enjoyment as Esme and I hacked out together for the first time today too. My yardmate has a saint of a pony so her and her son took me and Esme out. I'm on a hight too.

Congratulations. May this be that first of many x

yep, this is the pony 3 yrs ago they said might never come sound and ever only be a companion - hes brilliant with her, a little sod with me:wink:

Really cute pictures - what a lovely little combination they are, no wonder you are feeling proud of both of them. She actually has a very nice natural seat already hasn't she?:smile:

thank you - she always has had a natural seat , shes very quiet in the saddle no flappy legs and steady hands which helps as they are learning together - she listens and takes in what you tell her and he is now responding to it- we got him a zoe snape saddle pad this year and it has improved her position as well and gives closer contact - her small 12" had started to push her forward and tilt her which confused him - i get so much pleasure from them both just wish she could do more but can only get over once a week - roll on summer holidays and good weather I hope....

That is just the most adorable picture:wub: !!! thankyou for sharing

newrider.com