Ebay

Innocence

Jun 1, 2009
Well... the title of the sale only mentions breastplate but the blurb definitely says "just like the one in the pic except it's not leather" so I would also expect the martingale attachment.

I`d say the listing is for just the breastplate, and that you`d add your own martingale to it, by how it`s worded, but she has made the mistake of saying "like in the picture" but the picture has got the martingale attatched.

I`d explain that her wording is incorrect. and that the photo clear shows a martingale.

Ah, then no I would not, as the auction title is for the breastplate, picture is just a photo to show the breastplate to me. In the text it just says breastplate, although it says 'just like the one in the photo' I would not think what ever is attached to it is included.

But that is just how I read it, am very careful with ebay, she could have made it clear that the martingale in the picture was not included

I had something similar the other day, I bought a digital camera and in the text it said "L-ion battery (included)", when it arrived there was no battery so I had another look at the battery and much further down the page at the bottom it said battery not included.

I contact the seller, explained that she had contradicted herself and that yes, I should have read the full advert but it did inititally say included, I explained that a battery would cost me £12.

Had a lovely email from the seller and she returned me a fiver :D

(The camera was a massive bargain, saved £100!)

Amazing how people read things differently. Now i would have said the martingale was included because she said just like the picture, but obviously i was wrong to assume this. Don't think you can get nylon martingale attachments for these type of breastplates can you?

Maybe explain to the seller what has happened, I have had a few occasions of things going wrong and the seller has been great at sorting it out or refunding and taking a return

I agree with Innocence, the ad is for the breastplate but the description says 'just like the one in the picture' so I would have expected the martingale attachment to be with it:biggrin:

The lady has been nice about it and is offering me a refund if i return the item. She didn't realise it didn't have the martingale attachment.

newrider.com