Ebay-significant changes

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Well the latest will shift some people into not using.

The first is that apart from paying to list, PayPal fees for using them which you have no choice on offering, your final value fee which is a percentage of your sale price-NOW, they decide to include your postage!
They are nothing to do with the postage but since RM hiked up their prices, people have naturally shifted to couriers. But some sellers still charge a RM price so eBay being quick off the starting block is going to take a percent of this.
I have just sold two items and my postage wasn't included, so I suspect its either certain categories, business sellers or those using a courier?
Anyone any the wiser let me know.

Also I got pulled up on my photos not being up to standard! They have been acceptable for the past seven years. No listing is allowed without a photo, no borders, no water marks, no writing. But they must be a certain size as well. Poor quality photos is the sellers problem, less bids maybe, but eBay want you to get bids as they make more.

The thing is I have had no success at all on pre loved, which is totally free.

Last edited:
I didn't know about the photos having to be a certain size? Hmm. If they aren't careful people will not be able to meet their exacting standards and go elsewhere! I use ebay privately and in a business sense. To be honest, I rarely read the bumph they send us, we just tend to pick out the most obvious things and disregard the rest. Having said that, we do use it less for business purposes of late.
I am about to list some jodhs, a notebook thingy and a coat. Hope my pics are up to standard!lol

I didn't know about the photos having to be a certain size? Hmm. If they aren't careful people will not be able to meet their exacting standards and go elsewhere! I use ebay privately and in a business sense. To be honest, I rarely read the bumph they send us, we just tend to pick out the most obvious things and disregard the rest. Having said that, we do use it less for business purposes of late.
I am about to list some jodhs, a notebook thingy and a coat. Hope my pics are up to standard!lol

It came up once listed, before I pressed list would have been useful. But just had to take down two photos and replace. Its the ones I zoomed in on to show an area better, used the macro in the end. But how many people have a macro setting.
They have a PDF guide of what they now want, but I am private not a photographer getting paid to take the photos, him, I can see a new career unfolding. :biggrin:

Ebays constant changes and fees are a pain in the ass. Ive had an issue with my account for other a month and spent hours on customer service/phone etc and its still not fixed. I must of paid them hundreds in fees over time.. very frustrating, they dont seem to give a toss. My brothers Ebay account manager is handling it for me now, he said the Customer services are useless. My account has a log in glitch.. after hours in communicatuions trying to rectify I today received a link from customer service in an email to try... they advised first I need to log in !! :banghead::banghead:

Hopefully it will be sorted soon, Im very p*^&£d of with it right now.

As for listings I usually sell on a buy it now, with best offer with free postage and include it my asking price so the extra fees dont/wont really effect me. Its really frustrating though as for instance myself its a 12mile round trip to the Post Office. but hey, Ebay is a service Im choosing to use so just have to put up with it, or go elsewhere. I have used Ebid with success in the past but it is alot quieter. Id never put auction items on it only buyitnow.

newrider.com