Drink following on from Bud ads

Tina2011

Mar 23, 2012
Gateway to europe
Well NF always gets me going on something.

Beers and larger this time, what has happened to the stuff? just remember a few others that used to be really good and have gone crap

Murphies
Cafferies

Guinness is still good but only on draught. I suspect it is still slightly more watery than before?

What have they done to beer these days lol.

I tend to drink Red wine these days ( if I ever bother having any in - im boredering on T-total these days!)

I did though used to run my own pub, There were more and more younger ones reverting to traditional ales for that point exactly. Ive never really been a fan of Bud mind, it tastes to 'beery' for my liking ( does that make sense!!!) As for home take outs I had a bottle of becks a couple of weeks ago after my Sunday lunch and that tasted quite nice !

As I mentioned before I drunk gallons of Bud in Vegas - and at home at one point too!! I used to quite like Stella Artois - but nowadays that is faaar to strong for me! I enjoy the odd Fosters as a treat - but mainly stick to Sainsbury's Basic lager (Orange and White can if anybody fancies trying it) and that does me fine, it's sparkly, chilled and quite a clean sharp taste. And, you can drink oodles of the stuff without getting a hangove (it's only 2 per cent).

I do like a nice pint of shandy on a hot summers day in a beer garden ! Hmmmmm so thirst quencing !

Im so cold today - that feels a million years away till it can happen again!

Got used to drinking bud and coors while in the states until we found the better stuff, local brewed beers and the likes.. They served bud light at a couple of the football stadiums, I actually thought I was drinking water...

On another occasion we went to a rodeo, asked for two beers and she asked for ID, flashed my UK passport and the lady behind the bar went "Ahhh British you want the proper stuff then.." and passed us two non light beers.

Mostly drink with the OH and his friends and they all drink real ales rather than any of the lagers and I don't mind them myself but only the light coloured ones otherwise it feels a bit like you're drinking a loaf of bread!? :yellowcarded:

Mostly drink with the OH and his friends and they all drink real ales rather than any of the lagers and I don't mind them myself but only the light coloured ones otherwise it feels a bit like you're drinking a loaf of bread!? :yellowcarded:

Hahahahahahaha:giggle:

I'm not a big alcohol drinker really but I do enjoy a Corona & lime on a hot summer's day and the odd cider - particularly Rattlers cyder or a Brothers. But I'm a westcountry lass me so it goes with the territory!

I once tried in a pub a bottled beer called Desperado.. now that was lush - Its beer with tequila in - sounds gross but 4 beers later I was confident it was VERY lush!!!:yellowcarded:

I'd rather have anything else but beer.

If I want a long drink then its cider for me.

We like our light and fruity wines.

My absolute fav though is playing at cocktails.

I suspect I am right then and the beer/lager has....gone off. Or at least gone watery.

I don't really like anything these days tbh but I have had some happy times indeed:giggle:

I can't drink cider - makes me barf. (Sorry too much info there I guess!)
Bitter is yacky. Wine makes me grumpy or weepy. Red wine makes my heart palpitations worse than ever. G and T makes me soppy. Guiness and those "traditional ales" - well, why?! Why on earth would anybody want to drink those? Like supping treacle - uck.
No, give me a nice, icy chilled lager any day of the week....................I don't even like champagne - I am so cheap. Even on our wedding day in Vegas I wished we'd ordered cold beers instead of champagne...........lol

As a teenager my drink of choice was bud light or coors light! yuck!! If i drink beer now it's normally only ever BrewDog (a locally founded brewery). They do so many, i normally go for Punk PA which is alright but i'm a cider drinker. Pear, strawberry and lime, elderflower, you name it i've tried it. Love it! Jagerbombs are also a must on a big night out :p

Lol, this thread has got me thinking..........
Does anybody remember the advert with Professor Bob - it was one for Fosters? It was soooo funny..............(goes off to google it).

I used to love a nice cold pint of lager but nowadays I find most pubs serve not nice pints. I've been converted to n occasional bottle of fruity Swedish cider

newrider.com