Dont believe I'm asking this ...

Dannii5691

Owned by Ponies!
Nov 16, 2009
Following on from FM's willy thread it got me thinking about W and his ... ahem ... habits

He was a breeding stallion, later finding out he was a rig with a tumour for his 2nd and had a couple of ops. Now and covers june and the new broodmare in the field and still acts riggy.

Now ... (and I dont believe im asking about this on an internet forum) he regularly (daily) likes to get it out ... get it hard and bounce it off his tummy. He does it stood in the field or after a long ride.

is he doing what I think hes doing :giggle:

Not sure if he is 'doing what you think he's doing'! :giggle: But all of my male, gelded donkeys, have also done this almost daily, usually in the morning, morning glory and all that?:unsure::biggrin:

Not sure if he is 'doing what you think he's doing'! :giggle: But all of my male, gelded donkeys, have also done this almost daily, usually in the morning, morning glory and all that?:unsure::biggrin:

Worst thing is our field is on a public foot pathnext door to a church and opposite a community center

My previous chap was riggy, he had low testoserone but would bring mares into season. He was just gods gift and his presence around mares said so. Our stallion hated him!
He would be seen to do things with it and if a mare knocked it he would almost fall over!
The fact you have a broodmare in with you could encourage him? My mare reverses into the geldings or me if I am doing her tail. Some are just more hormonal than others.

When he was stabled he used to do it NF. Also when only turned out with june.

in day to day life unless its freezing its never ever tucked up completely. Always just kinda half hanging out

I shake my head. Really Dannii, lowering the tone of this forum.

Sorry, nothing useful to add, will be interested to hear what others say. Never seen my boy's as anything other than floppy. Do you think that's just cause he's never been used like that where as Womble has?

Cracker is also half hard and hopeful most of the time as well. I havent had him tested, but her certainly has some stalliony behaviours and he likes the ladies.

newrider.com