Dolly's soundness diary.

I can't believe how long it is since I updated this#!

Unfortunately what with weather, my health taking a nose dive, and then Dolly crushing my foot, little or no riding has been done since last update but we are now making up for lost ground.

Well my foot is now small enough to get back in my regular long boots so we have had a few rides out this past week and yesterday and today we have had a good few rots. My lovely Dolly is as sound as a pound. No sign of that front shoe dumping off either. I love my saddle and so does she, ears forward and very relaxed. I guess I will never know if it was her old saddle, some sort of shoulder injury or what.

Tis possible that the enforced lay off was just what she needed for everything to settle down again? Tentatively breathing a sigh of relief....:wink:

Brief update. Farrier here today and absolutely even wear on both fronts, there is a slight uneven wear on her outside of both backs, but she has always done this and I put it down to second rate confirmation and not the best action I have ever seen on a horse's back end!:redcarded:

So pleased that all is now obviously sorted with that front one, I am thinking now it most probably was a saddle issue interfering with her shoulder.

Onwards and upwards, good weather for the next couple of days so no holds barred now.:smile:

newrider.com