Dolly and me go out on a "hack"!

Dreamchaser

Total falls: 13
May 3, 2003
Ontario, Canada
photobucket.com
Such a wonderful day!

It was an absolutely gorgeous day and many of the boarders at my barn took advantage of it by riding outside, through the hay fields. I first attempted to ride in the arena, but since there was a large amount of snow falling off of the arena with very loud noises, I thought it would be best if I tried to ride her outside.

For anyone that does not remember, back in the summer/fall, Dolly completely refused to go out on hacks, as much as I tried to get her over it. I had no idea how she was going to react.

As we head out, she did look at things hard, but eventually settled right down. I kept the reins loose, often keeping only one hand on the reins. I was truly able to trust her. As we were trotting around, I heard myself laugh out loud, which almost shocked me. For the two years I have owned Dolly, times where I actually had fun was far and few between. But recently, things have just been getting better and better. The smile on my face only grew wider and I really didn't even want to stop. Dolly really seemed to enjoy herself.

:D:D

That's fantastic!! :D

Well done, I know exactly how it feels. Plenty more threads like this to come I hope! :D
xx

:D:D:D Not sure it's normal to be so pleased for someone I've never even met, but it made me grin to read you're enjoying her so much again. You've put so much time and effort into her and deserve to have fun:D

Long may it continue.

newrider.com