Dogs don’t understand social distancing

Sparky Lily

Nov 27, 2008
Yell, Shetland
A bit of drama in our remote outpost this morning. A neighbour ( ie lives several hundred yards away on a different road) has a long drive. The postie started to follow his usual routine this morning (stop, open gate, drive through, stop, close gate), but had only got to the drive through bit when the resident enormous GSD, who normally sits peaceably by the house door, came hurtling down the drive. Postie swerved to miss the dog, and ended up in the ditch that runs alongside the drive. Meanwhile the GSD had shot through the gate and up the road. He had seen this 3 best friends (my OH and our 2 beagles) out for their daily walk. He had clearly been missing them!
All ended happily. The GSD walked back quite happily with his friends and was put back on his side of the gate. Our neighbour used his pick-up to pull the postvan out of the ditch, and life carried on as peacefully and quietly as ever.

Is it wrong that I found that so funny! :D I mentally followed your description Sparky Lily to the accompaniment of Benny Hill music! :eek::D

newrider.com