Does anyone have their horse on grass livery?

Poo pick every day, fence of bits if they look like they are going to get too boggy, strip graze if you have limited grass and give hay at night.

Thats how I do it!

Keeping them in during the day sometimes - I use a gated field shelter in the field rather than moving them to the stables. Or grazing muzzle and strip grazing.

I am particular about trying to give them access to just the right amount of grazing to try and keep their weight under control and poo picking it regularly. When poo picking in the growing season I keep my eyes open for plants that need removing and do that as I see them rather than having a set day for this. I also make a point of stomping in any divits as my sec d mare tears up the land by prancing about like a loony!

I also ensure land is harrowed (although present yard won't allow this as it brings the flint to the surface) and rolled each spring. Hedges are cut in october.

I tape off the bit round the gate, as that tends to get bogg and also makes it easier to get out the gate without the remaining ones trying to follow, and can use that to put one of the ponies in to separate off for feeding etc if need be.

Even though I have automatic water troughs I will place buckets elsewhere to try to relieve the pressure on that area.

I strip graze as needed in summer but in winter I give more than an extra 'strip' when the grass gets low otherwise they just trample the new grass and it gets trashed in no time.

Lastly I try to avoid having set areas for anything. Water and feed gets moved to different areas when I see mud becomming a problem.

Bald bits are taped off and reseeded as needed in spring.

My 2 are out 24/7 365 days of the.
1 is a welsh cob the other a TBx so they dont need to be hardy to live out, they are both clipped too. Just make sure they are rugged up well.
Id say poo pick everyday, worm regulary & you should have a good field to graze on :)
My mare was in a grazing muzzle to prevent lami but now there is not much grass she doesnt wear it. I dont hay my 2 as the mare is huge, but we bring the TB in for extra feed everyday.

newrider.com