Does anyone else do this?

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
Does anyone else search for houses abroad or is it just me?

I am at the moment drooling over a house in France that is lovely.

I went through a spate of looking for a house in France - but then i realised that people wouldnt speak French like they do in "ello ello" and i went off the idea because i am rubbish at languages!

I've found one that I like, in my price range, looks like it would be suitable for 2 residential properties and a gite, enough land for my horses, a barn, a round pen, area for a school, and in the area that I would look at if I were moving to france.

One thing that puts me off France in a horse sense is that they don't seem to hack much. They don't have bridlepaths as we do, and relatively few open access forests and parks (though we may not have as many in future, eh?!).

Riding in South Africa last year I got the sense of how restrictive it is only to be able to ride on your own land, even if you've got hundreds of hectares. We are very lucky in this country.

Just seen this on a house I am looking at

Situated at the end of a no through lane, and surrounded by rolling countryside. Great equestrian property as there are miles of bridle paths in this area. Close to larger towns of Ger and Mortain.

Also endurance riding is a big thing in France, so is Le Trec, so there must be somewhere to ride? :unsure:

Aren't you going to give the link away No_Angel? I promise I won't rush off and buy it ...
It does sound fab though - maybe you could buy it and offer hacking holidays and we could all come and stay!

Which one - is it the one that you posted the link to? That looks nice, could just picture sitting on the terrace with a glass of wine on an evening. I like the horse facilities too, it all looks so relaxed.

It's another one I have spotted which I need, it really is perfect for us, and cheaper than anything we could find in this country.

I'm not going to post the link on the open forum as I don't want to temp anyone into buying it :ninja: but I will pm you the link:giggle:

newrider.com