Does A BodyProtector Hinder You When You Ride Bareback?

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
I know a few of you use one, myself included here because i have a young cob.

But i have taken it off for bareback and not to sure on the why. Does anyone still use for bareback or do you also take off? I guess when i am bareback i wear something else instead but that would not actually offer any protection.

I would have thought bareback would have been easier - no cantle for it to get stuck on.

Which is why i can't work out why i rode without it today. My brain only informed me after i got off and i went to undo something i hadn't put on.

Personnel I would of thought it was more important riding bareback.

It has always stuck me as strange the people will ride their horse bareback with no hat in a head collar but would never even think about getting on for a hack/school with out BP hat and hy ziz (sp)

If a horse is going to spook or trip it will do so regardless of what you are wearing.

I always wear my BP no matter what I was doing. If and when I get on Ben bareback (have yet to work out how I would get on him as he is so big), I would certainly wear it. If it is well fitting it shouldn't hinder you at all.

Agree OBC, and yet, when I just brought Tobes back into work and was tired walking, I jumped on with no hat bareback - don't ask me why I feel more secure bareback. Secure probably the wrong word, just if I come off I won't get tangled up in stirrups? Weird!!!

If i ride tomorrow i will wear it, maybe it should live on my hat so it goes on then hat. I never ride without a hat.

newrider.com