Digging out my brave pants!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
We have been here exactly one month! Yaye. Anyway, I have really only walked on Stormy round the sort of gravel / car park area outside of the byre. Lovely Mr T has today fenced me off a flat part of the field and mowed it. So at least it looks the part!lol I am just building up my courage to have a ride in there later. I was going to leave it until later tonight. Two reasons, one being I am going with a neighbour to load up and collect hay and the other being I thought madam might object as she normally spends the afternoon grazing (she comes in for a few hours and is in atm). So if I present her with her tack she will most likely be quite cross about it - she will think she should be joining Chloe for munches! (I am not really scared of her honest!:p)
So I think it's for the best to keep her sweet:po_O she's not the easiest at the best of times! Bet any money she pretends to be scared of her new "arena":rolleyes:
So any spare bravery vibes most welcome. I will hopefully post tomorrow saying how well it went.......:)

Yep get the big girl pants on and go for it...I bet you will have a lovely ride and have a big cheesy grin afterwards :D Its hard to believe it was a month ago you moved:eek:

Reactions: Trewsers
Thank you all so much for your encouragement. I was thinking about NR whilst riding - everyone here is always so supportive and it's nice to know.:D
She was lovely on the whole, a bit looky but I think more put out about not being able to get her head down to nibble:p
We only walked but it was great -and instead of feeling my usual anxious self I just told myself how lucky I am to be sitting on her and be able to see the sea:)

You are like us, you can ride and have sea views. It's very calming and mine will just look at the views. She knows I do ear shots :)

Those views are gorgeous.
I really liked Orkney when we went a few years ago and said I could easily live there....if it wasn't for the constant wind.

Oh well done..Love the pics, she is lovely and so are the views. No excuses now, even to just get on and walk about for a while until you are both ready to do more is fine. Some days I just feel like walking around for a while and that's all we do. That's the best thing of owning your own horse and own place you can just do whatever you want with no pressure :D

Those views are gorgeous.
I really liked Orkney when we went a few years ago and said I could easily live there....if it wasn't for the constant wind.

We thought it would be windy all the time even in summer, but it's not which has been a surprise. But the breeze is super for getting shut of the flies around the girls when it does happen. Where we used to live was pretty exposed (we lived in the Forest of Bowland right up on Burn Fell) so it's been home from home so far when the wind has come. The winter wind will be fierce tho!

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
There is a drawback to taking the first rides very gently - which I did last January with so much trepidation that on our second hack we walked a full hour. Nasty surprise - I was so stiff I could barely dismount - and ached all the next day. Much worse than proper active riding.

Reactions: OwnedbyChanter
Trewsers I think you both look great, what a lovely post and I'm ever so slightly (read REALLY) envious of your stunning views. I know I've said it before but I'm so pleased for you, can't believe it's a month already, your new life suits you and is well deserved. :)

newrider.com